Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I'm still having issues figuring out where everything is on this new forum. One thing I can't figure out is this: with the old forum, when you clicked on a thread, it took you to the newest page. This one takes me to the very beginning of page 1.

I have it set to Linear Mode set chronologically from oldest to newest. But that doesn't do it and I don't want to set it to newest to oldest. That would confuse me.

And I read the General Forum Usage and How can I see the latest posts? but that seems to be an Administrator set option.

Is there no way to set it so it automatically goes to the newest page?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You could click the latest post in the thread ("Go to last post" icon).

Last edited:

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are a couple of other clickables that might work for you:

Under the thread title are little images with page numbers. If you click the last one it takes you to the most recent page.

Also, there is a round blue circle just to the left of the thread title that takes you to the last page of that thread.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
There are a couple of other clickables that might work for you:

Under the thread title are little images with page numbers. If you click the last one it takes you to the most recent page.

Also, there is a round blue circle just to the left of the thread title that takes you to the last page of that thread.
Yes. I know I can do that (well, actually, I didn't know about the blue circle). But I didn't have to do that before the change. It took you to the latest page automatically.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
That's weird because I always had to click the "first new post" circle. The only exception was when I was in my User CP and I was clicking on the title of the most recent thread in the forums I had subscribed to

(My current weird thing is that when I do go to the "first new post" and scroll down a little, if I flip to another tab or to my novel and then come back, it takes me back to that original "first new post")

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
That's weird because I always had to click the "first new post" circle.

With the previous version of AW? Really? That is weird. Except I thought there was a user specified setting so you could go to most recent page (maybe you never set yours?) and I can't find that with the version.

Status
Not open for further replies.