Agent - not sure if I feel arm and fuzzy about this?

keston925

Registered
Reaction score
Hello wise ones who have given me such appreciated device.

Prior to obtaining my publishing deal, I had turned my manuscript into a screenplay. My literary agent isn't one of those Hollywood deal making types, so I sent out about 100 queries and submitted my screenplay (referencing my manuscript and website of course) to a screenplay pitching Company. My query letter also referenced my agent.

Next thing I know my agent landed a publisher for my manuscript. Soon there after that an extremely impressive Movie Producer contacted my agent very interested in seeing the manuscript. Due to some delays from my publisher it was not ready and wont be for a few months.

Come to find out in the interim my agent took the liberties of pitching other authors work to this Producer. I am not feeling warm and fuzzy about this, but perhaps I shouldn't care at all?

Would this bother you?

Ron Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
i assume your agent isn't exclusive to you, and i assume you wouldn't be bothered is they were approached for someone else's manuscripts and the angent took the opp to try and get interest in yours?

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
> Would this bother you?

No. I'd be worried about my agent doing something with MY work that is not in the contract.

-cb

DevelopmentExec

Registered
Reaction score
Is it still being edited? If not, why do you have to wait for the publisher to send him the manuscript? Why doesn't your agent just send him a pdf of your novel?