Sanders beats Trump, but Trump beats Clinton

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...nders-defeats-trump-but-trump-defeats-clinton
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) currently leads Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump by 4 percentage points more than Hillary Clinton does, according to RealClearPolitics. However, while the polls have Clinton over Trump now, it's Sanders who represents the best chance for a Democrat to beat the reality star. The Vermont senator is the worst nightmare for a GOP challenger, primarily because his value system is the antithesis of Republican stances on war, foreign policy, Wall Street and the economy.

Clinton, on the other hand, is a moderate Democrat with neoconservative allies, ties to Wall Street, with an FBI investigation into her emails. Politico once referred to Clinton as "Wall Street Republicans' dark secret," so Trump has a myriad of political arrows to hurl at the former secretary of State. In fact, article headlines from Politico, The New York Times and The Washington Post could be easily be part of any disparaging political attack by Trump toward Clinton.

For Democrats to beat Trump, they need to present the nation with his foil, or political opposite. The GOP front-runner would do quite well against Clinton in a debate, primarily because he once donated money to her foundation and she holds similar views on a variety of key topics. Most importantly, the fact that Clinton once accepted money from Trump is a political nightmare for Democrats in a general election.

This is getting a bit dizzying.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
More like... Campaign donations make politicians friendly; Elections make politicians adverserial; Campaign donation from GOP billionaire primary candidate to Dem primary candidate... then my head hurts.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
More like... Campaign donations make politicians friendly; Elections make politicians adverserial; Campaign donation from GOP billionaire primary candidate to Dem primary candidate... then my head hurts.
That just proves we have two parties - the left wing and the right wing of the imperialist, crony crapitolist, anti-privacy Republicrat Turkey.

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
None of this matters if Trump is not the nominee. And I have a hard time believing he will be.
Nor the inexperienced Carson.
Rubio is on the rise with Cruz hot on his heels. Bush will be a factor with Christie and Kasich real long shots.

with Biden out of the picture, Clinton has the nomination all but wrapped up ( pending legal difficulties)
but the GOP race is still wide open.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Polls taken more than a year before the election are meaningless.
Gregg said:
None of this matters if Trump is not the nominee. And I have a hard time believing he will be.
Nor the inexperienced Carson.
That's what I keep telling myself. And it is true that how well any particular Republican candidate is polling a year before the election hardly matters. Keep in mind, not a single primary has been held, and even the winners of the early primaries do not often make it all the way through.

Still, everyone's been wrong so far, so there's that.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Polls taken more than a year before the election are meaningless. That's what I keep telling myself. And it is true that how well any particular Republican candidate is polling a year before the election hardly matters. Keep in mind, not a single primary has been held, and even the winners of the early primaries do not often make it all the way through.

I keep telling myself that too.
Still, everyone's been wrong so far, so there's that.

See, I try not to tell myself that.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
A shiny silver dollar says that despite what anyone in the country wants, we're looking at a Bush vs. Clinton election, and the only thing that will be up for discussion is which set of corporations get the most benefit.

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
I actually don't think it's going to be Bush. He's in terrible shape at the moment, and showing no signs of turning around. If I was betting, I'd put my money on Rubio right now as the most likely. But... the longer Trump and Carson hang around as the top tier, far ahead of everyone else, anything could happen.