• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Blaze Publishing

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
For young adult writers: http://www.blazepub.com/

I found them on Twitter. The owner is from Curiosity Quills which is a good place I know. The rest are authors. No covers yet, although there's a hint of it on their welcome page.

Anyone hear of them?

slbynum3

Registered
Reaction score
I got a like on my pitch from Krystal Wade on twitter today during #SonofaPitch. She's the chief editor/owner of Blaze Publishing. Anyone know anything about this publisher yet?

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I see they have some covers up now and they look amazing. That one book Asleep sounds really good, love the cover. They have one other cover that is really good too. The rankings aren't bad either. Goodreads has some nice reviews on them.

pinkbowvintage

♔
Registered
Reaction score
So is this an imprint of CQ or an offshoot? It looks like an offshoot since CQ takes on YA.

Much like CQ, their covers are great so far, and their book ASLEEP is currently ~#20k in the paid kindle store on Amazon. Not bad. I'll be interested in seeing how they do, but they seem off to a good start.

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
I gotta say, the website is awful. Not only the appearance (both design and graphics), but also the interface. For example, the website offers the ability to "Order Signed Print" for ASLEEP. When you click on that button, you're led to a page that reads "Pre-order a signed copy of Asleep. Ends on release day. Books will be shipped within fifteen days of release." Well, the book released on 02/16/16 and this page, which should have been modified back then, is still up. It's been far longer than fifteen days since release too. They should get a better web dev.

That having been said, the rest of the operation looks promising. I agree that the covers are good. They have some interesting events scheduled and also plan to have a presence at UTOPYA. My overall first impression of them is positive. However, as with all new presses, I'll wait and see how their books perform and the firm develops before making a more concrete judgment.

pinkbowvintage

♔
Registered
Reaction score
I agree, Kayley, the website is a big issue for me. If I were considering whether or not to submit to them, that alone might make this place either low on my list, or not an option.

Fantasy_freak

Registered
Reaction score
Krystal Wade is an author of CQ who has gone out and started her own publishing company. I would check how well *her* books are selling first and then see if she can sell anyone else's titles. I would think like many start ups, it will be a small one person operation.

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I got a fave on PitMad from this publisher. Has anyone tried submitting, or does anyone have recent information?

Thanks!

JustWonderin

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted and they requested my full. I sent it just a couple weeks ago.

Other than that, I have no info. I like their site. Their books look good. I feel good about subbing to them. But it's just that, a feeling.