Plot-in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe? He is the *cough* "personal guest" of the Empress (read:hostage) from a formerly hostile rival. But, like the princess, he hasn't had much contact with the outside world either save for the last 2-3 years in a religous monastery. It'd make it hard to have him be the device that pulls in a criminal and his little sister, an alien librarian, and a gene-spliced science experiment. Thus the need for the destiny element.

I'm leaning toward some big prophecy or other where them getting together could wreck the galaxy rather than save it. Like they unintentionally or are duped into breaking something so badly they take it upon themselves to fix it.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Resistance might be more salable, but to me, the one who believes in the ideology is the more interesting character to follow because it's been done less. The question is, what is her arc? Is she going to believe in the resistance in the end?

I kind of think it would be more interesting to have her not believe in the resistance and have her stay true to her own government kind of making her some sort of anti-hero with enough redeeming qualities to keep the reader engaged?

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Maybe? He is the *cough* "personal guest" of the Empress (read:hostage) from a formerly hostile rival. But, like the princess, he hasn't had much contact with the outside world either save for the last 2-3 years in a religous monastery. It'd make it hard to have him be the device that pulls in a criminal and his little sister, an alien librarian, and a gene-spliced science experiment. Thus the need for the destiny element.

I'm leaning toward some big prophecy or other where them getting together could wreck the galaxy rather than save it. Like they unintentionally or are duped into breaking something so badly they take it upon themselves to fix it.

I really like this idea... especially the part where they could wreck the galaxy instead of saving it. Maybe they read the prophecy wrong.. maybe it comes with a warning and it's misunderstood and it's thought that together they have to save, when actually it's the opposite and they don't realise this until the very moment where it all goes poof?

Status
Not open for further replies.