How do I contact NaNoWriMo HQ to become an ML if I'm super late to the party?

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
All right, here are the specifics:

I live in Ontario, Canada, in a town that isn't on the NaNo regional map, and I got my local library involved in NaNo just last month. As you might imagine, we're too late to sign up at NaNoWriMo.org for regional status. And I, personally, am too late to become a Municipal Liaison for my town, which I desperately want to do, and honestly should have been on top of before this whole fiasco ever got started.

But I didn't, wasn't, and now, can't.

What I need from you, dear reader, is advice, perhaps even a means of contacting the Office of Letters and Lights that I was unable to find on the main NaNo site. I want to ask them personally (preferably via email) to allow this terrible latecomer to be admitted into the inner circle of Municipal Liaisons. I just don't know how.

Thank you for your time, thank you for reading this, and thank you (in advance) for your assistance,

-Theodore B.C. Wright.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a FAQ on how to be ML: http://nanowrimo.uservoice.com/know...do-i-become-a-municipal-liaison-for-my-region

But it does look like if you miss the deadline, you have to wait until next year. My suggestion is to contact your nearest region (assuming it's realistically nearby) and see if you can get involved. Particularly talk to the MLs there, see if you can help anywhere, just to get that experience for next year.

If you can't be official, you can still meet people, possibly at the library, and plan write-ins for your area. A lot of places near Columbus use the Columbus region to say, "Hey, we have write-ins at this coffee shop in this nearby town."

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Sage, I did already find the page you linked me to, but thank you, and do you suppose clicking 'contact support' on that page would take my message where it needs to go? I don't want to send it to the wrong place/people and be ignored, or worse, get myself blacklisted.

TAMaxwell, thank you for finding this potentially magical person for me, I shall attempt to make contact with her soon and see what she has to say.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think there's any chance you'd be blacklisted unless you're saying something really bad to them. I don't see how using the "contact support" button would hurt you. That's probably the general NaNo support, and they'll probably just tell you what the page tells you, but maybe they can do something official, so it's worth try.

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Sage, thank you for the encouragement, I shall make the attempt!

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Update time!

It is too late for this poor and sorry lost soul... Municipal Liaisonship is beyond possibility... I have made attempts all around the board asking all kinds of different people who were (or almost certainly will be) very helpful. It is too late, it is too late. Weep with me, friends, it is too late!

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
FANTASTIC UPDATE NEWS THINGS AND STUFF!!!!!!!!! :D

So, even though I'm too late to become an ML of my own region, my region is not too late to become halfway official! We're being hosted by a neighbouring region that actually exists and has an ML and people in it and all kinds of things. It's great! Also, the library I'm working with is going forward with hosting Write-Ins as often as I don't know how often, but hopefully very often, and I'm still kind of the ML so it's all good and everything is wonderful and I am so happy, I would dance if I wasn't typing and had a fully functional right leg (which I don't at the moment) but still so happy yay yay yay yay yay yay yay!

*Dances anyway* *falls over* *is pounced on by dog* Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!