Anyone heard of/have experience with Librarybub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonwriter

Fluorescent Pudding-Brain
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rlkingwriting.com
Someone recommended a service called "Librarybub" to me today. Apparently, they charge $99 and allow you to make your indie-published book available to libraries (which you currently can't do if you publish through CreateSpace).

I haven't investigated it much yet, and I searched for it here and got no hits. Maybe it's new? It sounds promising, but my default attitude toward anything that charges money is skepticism until I know more about them.

So, anyone know anything about this? I'm hoping they're legit.

http://www.librarybub.com

Thanks in advance!

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
You can make your book available to libraries through Createspace, as long as you select one of the options that allows it (from what I remember, the basic Createspace-owned ISBN does that.)

Note, however that "making my book available to libraries" is a very different thing from "libraries buying my book", regardless of who makes it available. I definitely wouldn't pay $99 for a service that is free with Createspace.

Dragonwriter

Fluorescent Pudding-Brain
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rlkingwriting.com
Yes, good point. Although IIRC you have to get the Createspace ISBN for them to make you available to libraries, and I don't do that--I like to be the publisher for my own books.

Lizzie7800

Registered
Reaction score
I ran an ad with them last week. I am enrolled in Kindle Select and have all the channels open for purchase (Ingram, Baker & Taylor...etc). The thing is that libraries purchase through those channels for the most part (and not direct from Amazon) and they can take up to six weeks to report sales. So I don't have any clue how many, if any I've sold. The owner of Library Bub did email me to let me know 350 or so people clicked on my book in the email she sent. I will try to remember to update here in 5 weeks or so when the results should be visible. It's definitely not an immediate spike in sales like my Bookbub ad was, but if I can sell some print books I'd be thrilled. Those don't sell that great for me unless I'm at a show or something. Hope this is somewhat helpful. :)

Kandybar

Pondering Octopus Husbandry
Registered
Reaction score
Website
landsquidattack.wordpress.com
Also, if you're not doing KDP Select, you can make digital copies of your books available through Smashwords to libraries (and even set library-specific prices). I know my local library district works directly with Smashwords, and so do several others. Not the same as getting print books into libraries, certainly, but I have heard from some places that libraries are more willing to go in on an unknown author if they don't have to dedicate shelf space to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.