e-published my script

G.G. Rebimik

Write? I can barely read...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ggrebimik.blogspot.com
I enjoy reading screenplays as much or maybe more than a novel, and hope they will become more accepted by mainstream readers. There are so many good stories out there that can be enjoyed via novel or screenplay format.

I don't need much for the T.V. of my mind to come alive (while reading a screenplay) and see the story for myself--if it is written to the point with a good pace.

I formatted "Kane Monroe" myself using Pages using a blend of screenplay and novel elements as Kindle formatting can really mess with a screenplay format and make it a torture to read. This took some time to learn and get it to the point where I felt it was the easiest to read. After formatting, then exported to an epub file.

Kane Monroe on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014ONKPR6/?tag=absowrit-20

Hopefully others will share their screenplay stories in this way.

G. G. Rebimik

G.G. Rebimik

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ggrebimik.blogspot.com
I enjoy reading screenplays as much or maybe more than a novel, and hope they will become more accepted by mainstream readers. There are so many good stories out there that can be enjoyed via novel or screenplay format.

I don't need much for the T.V. of my mind to come alive (while reading a screenplay) and see the story for myself--if it is written to the point with a good pace.

I formatted "Kane Monroe" myself using Pages using a blend of screenplay and novel elements as Kindle formatting can really mess with a screenplay format and make it a torture to read. This took some time to learn and get it to the point where I felt it was the easiest to read. After formatting, then exported to an epub file.

Kane Monroe on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014ONKPR6/?tag=absowrit-20

Hopefully others will share their screenplay stories in this way.

G. G. Rebimik

Also put my series (The Dipshots) on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0160GLW7W/?tag=absowrit-20

Keep writing. Everyone enjoys a good story in whatever form.

best,

g.g. rebimik

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I've read hundreds of screenplays. I've never read one that didn't bore me to death, even when it was adapted from a book I loved. No, everyone does not enjoy a good story in whatever form. Form matters greatly. If it didn't, we wouldn't have novels. The only thing good about reading a screenplay is when the dialogue sparkles. Even then, it is not a good story with good characters until it shows up on the silver screen. It takes a good direction, and a lot of good actors, to bring a story alive. If either is bad, it dies, and the form it's in doesn't matter.

But to each his own.

G.G. Rebimik

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ggrebimik.blogspot.com
I've read hundreds of screenplays. I've never read one that didn't bore me to death, even when it was adapted from a book I loved. No, everyone does not enjoy a good story in whatever form. Form matters greatly. If it didn't, we wouldn't have novels. The only thing good about reading a screenplay is when the dialogue sparkles. Even then, it is not a good story with good characters until it shows up on the silver screen. It takes a good direction, and a lot of good actors, to bring a story alive. If either is bad, it dies, and the form it's in doesn't matter.

But to each his own.

James, I'm sure you are quite right.