Not open for further replies.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Er, gais. Did we miss something here?

Or am I just reading more into this than I should?
*checks eye's profile* Whoops.

HAPPY TWO DAY LATE BIRTHDAY, EYEBLINK!!!! *uses all the happy emojis to make up for the lateness* :hooray::snoopy::Sun::partyguy::heart::banana::Jump::Cake::Clap::PartySmil:TheWave::e2woo::e2cheer::e2bouncey:e2bear::e2drunk::e2dance::yessmiley:applause::cape:

Niniva

Life is just a bowl of cherries...
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all!

Happy Birthday, Eyeblink!

Bye all!

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I heard yesterday that CBS is working on a series with Nancy Drew as a New York police detective. I'll have to wait and see what they do to know if my childhood soul will die or not. So many young girls have grown up with her and look up to her as a role model. I just hope they don't do something to make her...not lIke that anymore. :/

I'm already kind of miffed that she's a professional detective instead of an amateur detective like she's always been.

Last edited:

KateH

[insert witty title here]
Registered
Reaction score
I heard yesterday that CBS is working on a series with Nancy Drew as a New York police detective. I'll have to wait and see what they do to know if my childhood soul will die or not. So many young girls have grown up with her and look up to her as a role model. I just hope they don't do something to make her...not lIke that anymore. :/

I'm already kind of miffed that she's a professional detective instead of an amateur detective like she's always been.

:Wha:

I loved Nancy Drew when I was younger (still got the books somewhere, too), and this just sounds...blah. The Nancy Drew movie they made a few years ago was terrible. And making her a professional detective takes away from what made the books so interesting when I was a kid, imo.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
New Cantina name! * steals pie *

:Wha:

I loved Nancy Drew when I was younger (still got the books somewhere, too), and this just sounds...blah. The Nancy Drew movie they made a few years ago was terrible. And making her a professional detective takes away from what made the books so interesting when I was a kid, imo.
I still have a bunch of the books too and I still read them frim time to time. Shameless plug: FYI there is also a series of Nancy Drew mystery computer games (fist person point and click) by a company called Her Interactive. I love 'em! They are still coming out with new ones should you want to check them out. :)

The movies: If you're talking about the 2007 one, I actually kind of like that one when I'm in the right mood. It's a little silly at times but I think it's a fun movie overall. There was also one from either 2001 or 2003 starring Maggie Lawson that I liked. Nancy was college age in that one and I'll admit she was a little angsty a couple times but I thought it was good overall. I wish they'd put it on DVD.

As for the new TV show...I know! Part of the appeal of Nancy, IMO is that shes supposed to be a young amateur detective but she still outsmarts the bad guys AND sometimes the police! Making her so much older and a professional just takes that away and I just...I dont...*snort* I'm not okay with it. :(

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
*checks eye's profile* Whoops.

HAPPY TWO DAY LATE BIRTHDAY, EYEBLINK!!!! *uses all the happy emojis to make up for the lateness* :hooray::snoopy::Sun::partyguy::heart::banana::Jump::Cake::Clap::PartySmil:TheWave::e2woo::e2cheer::e2bouncey:e2bear::e2drunk::e2dance::yessmiley:applause::cape:

And Happy Birthday Eyeblink!!!!!! :hooray:

Ah crap, did we miss Eye's birthday?

Major fail. *pulls the birthday disco ball from a smibble pile*

Happy belated birthday, Eye! :Cake:
:Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake:
:Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake:
:Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake:
:Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake:
:Cake::Cake::Cake::Cake:

Happy late birthday toMr Eye. :Cake:

Happy Birthday, Eyeblink!

Happy birthday, Eyeblink! :partyguy:

Aw, I'm probably too late by now, but I hope you had a happy birthday, Eye!

Thanks, everyone. I did have a good one.

Good morning Cantina. Story continuing - I'll do more of it this evening and tomorrow, which is my rota day off this week, but it should end up within 5000 words. Off to dayjob in an hour from now.

Hope everyone is well.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Do they not have 12 packs in Aussie land?

Erm, well, 2 litres is about half a US gallon, according to Google. Which weighs about 2 kilograms / 4.4 pounds, or possibly slightly more. (Water converts as 1 litre = 1 kilogram, and Coke/Pepsi has heavier elements than water, so...)

So yeah, a 12-pack would be pretty much impossible to lift for 95% of the population. And given that I don't drive, and had to walk all those things back home in my backpack... Well, 4 litres of liquid at a time (plus some food items) is pretty much my limit if I don't want to screw up my back and shoulders.

:)

In other news... Happy Belated Birthday, Eye! :D

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Ooo, name change. Are we supposed to rotate or is the cantina rotating around us at such a speed that we don't really notice.

Can I have pie with that?

Today I have to go buy train tickets. The parents want me to head south in a couple of weeks so they are stumping up the cash. My gran is getting increasingly confused and I think it's getting to them. My mother wants reasons (add emphasis and stamp your foot like a little kid), my suggestion that this is what happens to 96 year old people did not go down well. I wonder who will be harder to deal with, my gran or my mother.

I am also going to look about for a small keyboard for the tablet.

Niniva

Life is just a bowl of cherries...
Registered
Reaction score
So yeah, a 12-pack would be pretty much impossible to lift for 95% of the population.
*chuckle* I'm a 2-liter buyer also! They are always cheaper, and I shop for cheap. And I can't imagine that a six pack of half-liter bottles would backpack well...

Queen Yinin

Newbie writer in over her head...
Registered
Reaction score
*chuckle* I'm a 2-liter buyer also! They are always cheaper, and I shop for cheap. And I can't imagine that a six pack of half-liter bottles would backpack well...

2 litres are definitely cheaper.
Six packs of cans are more convenient if you like to take your pop to work or something, or if you don't drink a whole 2 litre bottle in one day.

unruley700

save us from sleep and what we are
Registered
Reaction score
Haha. I meant 12-packs of cans. Happy Wednesday, Cantina. Edit: And Happy bday to blink!

Last edited:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Cantina!

Name change! Woo! Happy Over the Hump Day!

I have trivia this evening.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Is the rotating rotunda like one of those spinny things at fairs where you get shoved up against the wall and defy gravity and stuff? Cause I really want it to be one of those things.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Belated Penning-the-Epic-Plot-for-the-Novel-That-is-Your-Life Day, eyeblink!

Morning, gang.

Whut up?

Status
Not open for further replies.