Appeal for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordMark

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,
I’ve been a member on ABWC for a while now but admittedly it’s been a long time since I’ve visited these forums.
I was wondering if anyone here who has self-published a book on Amazon in POD and/or e-book format and is familiar with the process could give me assistance. I’m trying to do my first novel on Createspace and it’s turning out to be an unbelievable nightmare. And it’s not just because I’m new at this. There are several particular reasons why I’m having such a hard time with this. First off, I suffer from many serious vision problems, including macula degeneration, Stargardt’s Dieease, and Nystagmus. In short I am legally blind, colorblind, and photosensitive, among other things. Even worse, I have a form of Autism called Asperger’s Syndrome. Consequently, I have a very difficult time grasping simple instructions and concepts. My mind tends to misunderstand things, forget them easily, or mix them up. As a result of these factors, trying to do my book on Createspace is hell. I’m only on the beginning stages of formatting my book for the print version and I’m already having terrible problems with it. I know that Amazon will do the formatting and cover and e-book for me, but I can’t afford the hundreds of dollars that they’re charging for these services. Besides, as an aspiring indie author, I’d love to be able to prepare my books myself. I believe I can do this, but it will take me much longer to learn, maybe months if I’m lucky.
If any of you are familiar with the process of formatting, cover design, and e-book preparation and are willing to help, would you please PM me and we can exchange emails. You wouldn’t have to do any of the work, I’ll do it all, I’d just need someone to answer questions.

Sincerely,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.