Re-entering the Absolutewrite world

AlanaHarbison

Registered
Reaction score
I first entered the world of online writing through this site, and was impressed, and daunted, by the caliber of the critiques and the avidity of the members. I only strayed from absolutewrite because of a viral spam that popped up every time I logged on, and for a long time it was unmoving. I gave up, defeated. I moved on. But I was reminded of this wonderful corner of cyberspace in a recent search for something completely unrelated. So, now, I would like to reintroduce myself.
I'm still aspiring, still not published. I have not stopped writing, nor will I ever. I have learned a lot in the past couple of years, about myself, about my writing, and about writing in general. I have no set genre that I write in -I have WIP's in more than 4 genres. I have, after many years of toil, finally written something that I believe is print-worthy.
But I am, above everything else right now, happy to rejoin this quality online community.

Alana :)

Last edited:

AlanaHarbison

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, hairy, for the enthusiastic emojies.:snoopy: Much appreciated.
While I'm at it, can I ask a seemingly obvious question?
Okay, I'm gonna anyway.
How, in the name of all things sane, do I add a profile picture? I fear I may be going blind, or perhaps I'm computer illiterate. :flag:

AlanaHarbison

Registered
Reaction score
The numbers are in folks, and the conclusion is... I'm just plain blind.
Found the right button seconds after asking the question. ;)

Last edited:

Corsairs

Saying it twice for truth
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Cooler, Alana!

Last edited:

Connecticut Yankee

Registered
Reaction score
How, in the name of all things sane, do I add a profile picture? I fear I may be going blind, or perhaps I'm computer illiterate. :flag:

Click on settings in the very top right of the screen. Then, on the left side, you'll see an option to edit profile picture and also edit avatar. I'm not sure which one you are talking about.

And now I have a seemingly obvious question of my own...

Is the town where you live pronounced as in raven shoe? Or alternatively (and my personal preference), raven's hoe?

AlanaHarbison

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Yankee. I did just want to edit my pic. Got it seconds after asking the question.
And, as for your question, it's the second one. Like a hoe that belongs to a raven. :tongue

Last edited:

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: back, Alana. I hope the nasty popups are a thing of the past.

Fullon_v4.0

Shard Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rtdriver90.tumblr.com
Welcome!!!

Wow, this has got to be one of the more interesting greeting threads...

...dem hoes and rakes doe... I got your green thumb right here! :ROFL:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back

Quinn_Inuit

Not a real eskimo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.steve-quinn.net
Welcome back! I recommend AdBlock Plus and Firefox for safer browsing, and don't forget to keep your computer up-to-date with patches.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Welcome back. :) Frankly speaking, Ad-blockers will probably be what finally take us offline, after all these years. I know that people weirdly think we're making money hand over fist, here -- but in fact we're running in the red, usually, so the ads are all that make free sites like AW even remotely possible.

I used to idealistically believe that voluntary subscriptions would make up the difference, but I was an idealistic fool about that, too.

So go right ahead and load those ad-blockers! And when the only sites still on the Web belong to Rupert Murdoch and Comcast, remember that choice, m'kay?

I don't mean to sound bitter -- and I know that I kinda do -- but every time I see AWers recommending adblockers to each other, I realize that our days are numbered.

But in the meantime, we're still here, and glad to see ya!

Last edited: