Map building for books

acitore

I don't get the point of user title
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there-
I have no idea if anyone on here can help me. I've created a guide book for a certain city. My next step is to create maps for each section of the city with the points of interest. I want to insert these at the beginning of each section and then sell the book most likely in print-on-demand method. Due to many travelers being dissatisfied with maps that don't download well onto e-readers, ebook isn't really an option. So, here's my problem/dilemma/question... how do you create a map that can then be inserted into a book? I will most likely use Yandex map site for the mapping as it seems straight forward. However, the map builder is for inserting into websites, not programs. Is it possible to save it and add the map page to a MS Word/Open Office document?

Anyone with any input from personal experience? Thanks.

Twig2

Registered
Reaction score
Someone reading an e-book probably already has a map on the same device. So you could simply use href-links to Apple maps or Google maps in the text. (These links will open in the "map" app on the right device. You might need to make different versions for iPhone and Android.)

For the print version, there's probably some OpenStreetMap front-end that can render an image-file.