"The Killing" (on NetFlix) - Anyone Else Watched It?

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure it's probably been around a while, (and there might even be a thread about it) but indulge me, OK?

Hubby and I just discovered it on Netflix and DANG! We're addicted.

Almost finished with the first season, and can't wait to see what happens next.

Now me, I'd binge it until my eyes glazed over, but Hubby can only take watching about 3 episodes at a time.

I'm tempted to "cheat" on him, but I'll be patient. :popcorn:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I finished it over the winter, and I keep telling people to watch it, but so far, nobody seems to be listening and obeying.

Except you, of course.

I really liked it, with one caveat. I found the production values were so dark, literally dark in color and lighting, that no matter what device I watched it on, there were many, many times all I could identify was movement in the darkness. I couldn't tell if it was a person or an animal or a car. Once there were grocery bags moving through a darkened room. I guessed right--a human was carrying them.

You're going to like the second season. I enjoyed it more than the first, even!

Maryn, wishing she were seeing it for the first time

fivetoesten

Registered
Reaction score
Maryn said:
You're going to like the second season. I enjoyed it more than the first, even!

I fizzled after the first season. I may be one or two episodes into the second, but it's been a while. I think I'll start over with season two and see how it goes this time around.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I watched it from the start. I believe season 3 was picked up by Netflix? It has ups and downs for me, but the ups outweighed the downs by far. Especially the chemistry and interaction between Linden and Holder. I thought Joel Kinnaman was robbed something awful by not getting an Emmy nomination in season 1.

People complained about the pacing at times, but I like a slow story if characters are compelling enough. I thought the acting and all-around characters were top notch.

fivetoesten

Registered
Reaction score
I was all the way up to season 4 episode two, so I won't be starting over, but It shouldn't take long get reacclimated.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...Especially the chemistry and interaction between Linden and Holder. I thought Joel Kinnaman was robbed something awful by not getting an Emmy nomination in season 1.
Yep - I'm loving the "chemistry" between those two - And I agree, Kinnaman's acting chops in this is ah-mazing!!!

...People complained about the pacing at times, but I like a slow story if characters are compelling enough. I thought the acting and all-around characters were top notch.
Again, I totally agree.