Status
Not open for further replies.

Once!

Still confused by shoelaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.will-once.com
I'm with Chompers on this one. Sure, this pillock did a stupid thing. Actually, several stupid things one after the other. But his little experiment didn't work, he didn't make any money out of it and he has emerged with egg on his face.

But life is too short to get red-in-the-faced outraged at every idiot who does something idiotic. There are far worse things happening out there in this world we live in. Here is the news - a pillock does pillocky thing. Again.

There is a serious point buried in all of this - that Amazon and Fiverr don't police the dodgy practice that go on in the self publishing world. It's a shame that message got lost during the church farting. Nothing more to see here. Move along.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
I'm with Chompers on this one. Sure, this pillock did a stupid thing. Actually, several stupid things one after the other. But his little experiment didn't work, he didn't make any money out of it and he has emerged with egg on his face.

But life is too short to get red-in-the-faced outraged at every idiot who does something idiotic. There are far worse things happening out there in this world we live in. Here is the news - a pillock does pillocky thing. Again.

There is a serious point buried in all of this - that Amazon and Fiverr don't police the dodgy practice that go on in the self publishing world. It's a shame that message got lost during the church farting. Nothing more to see here. Move along.

Of course pillocks will be pillocks. That doesn't give a pillock a pass on his pillocky behaviour.

So did you read any of the article? Or the subsequent comments?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
The message got lost because it was actual widely known and not a big deal. To the extent that "pollock plagiarized novel" was actually a more salient point. Because "some self published stuff sucks and Amazon only deletes it after users report it" is right up there with "water is wet" and "cats go meow" when it comes to being a journalistic point.

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
Ok. Umm...

Well, that was a very stupid thing to do. (And insulting to romance writers and romance readers, with his Fabio comment.)

It's like doing something illegal, and then excuse it, because, "For Science!" or something, lol.

Last edited:

Once!

Still confused by shoelaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.will-once.com
Of course pillocks will be pillocks. That doesn't give a pillock a pass on his pillocky behaviour.

So did you read any of the article? Or the subsequent comments?

Yup. I read the article, the comments, the follow-up blogs. I am most certainly not giving him a pass. But nor am I interested in throwing a rope over the nearest tree and stringing him up. This seems to be one of those "Darwin award" occasions where the perpetrator's own stupidity punishes them without any need for further action from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.