Finding My Way - Dallionz's Self-Publishing Thread

Dallionz

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! I feel badly for not updating more in a long while!

Dallionz

Registered
Reaction score
I've been horrible about updating the last few months. Honestly, things have been crazy around here with some family things going on plus a move. We're settled into our new town now, and I'm hoping to get back to writing as much as I'd like to be.

As far as what's been going on this year so far, I published three books in 2018:

Marrying Mandy - Published January 2nd through Kindle Press - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0769ZRSHV/?tag=absowrit-20
This is the only book of mine that was not published independently. It's the first in my Brides of Clearwater series. I've been very pleased with this process. Not only was it seamless, but KP has done a fantastic job of advertising my book. The book is priced at $2.99 normally. It's been on a $0.99 sale since the first of April. I was nervous about that, since I normally don't find $0.99 promos to go all that well. But they scheduled and paid for a BookBub ad during the month of April, which worked out nicely. Sales are still strong.

Finding Grace - Published January 3rd - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077ZH7H4W/?tag=absowrit-20
This is the sixth, and last, book in my Love's Compass series. It's done well. I had a BookBub for the first in the series in January to help with the release. However, this whole series has been advertised heavily. I don't plan on doing much with it for a while and focusing on other books and series. I have the first three in a boxed set. I'll combine the last three in a boxed set in June.

Marrying Raven - Published March 29th - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BD2J4Z7/?tag=absowrit-20
This is the second book in the Brides of Clearwater series. It was nice to get this one out before the BookBub for Marrying Mandy, so that helped with the release. It was not one of my best releases. But with our move, I wasn't able to put in the kind of effort with the release itself like I normally do. And considering everything that was going on, I was happy with how it did. This was my first book where I purchased the cover image from a photographer so it was completely unique. I'll be doing that with the rest of this series.

I was supposed to have another book out at the end of this month, but that's not going to happen after our move. I'm shooting for the end of June. Honestly, it's going to be a bit stressful getting it out by then, but it really needs to happen. I have two other books that need to be written over the summer, so I need to push forward.

At this time, I don't have any major promotions lined up for a while. When Starting Anew comes out at the end of June (hopefully), I'm going to see if I can get a BookBub ad for one of the first two books in the series in early July.

And I think that's about it for now. I'll try to come back and update more frequently about promos and things like that from now on. Thanks, all!