7 Days to Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerial

There is no spoon.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone playing this besides me?

It's an awesome little indie game that's still in alpha (available through Steam) and getting better with every update. It's a zombie survival game that mixes a voxel-based world (though it hardly looks like it any more), crafting and survival and makes it really fun.

I'm not a fan of horror survival games, but there are so many other things to love about this one that I've been enjoying it immensely.

If you go looking for it, don't bother with the trailer videos on Steam. They're a year out of date and don't represent the game at all any more. Alpha 12 is about to drop, and there's at least one small preview video of that.

Aerial

BarII

Banned
Reaction score
Aww...first on my list would have been "turning yourself inside out" but you don't mean that...

ErezMA

Registered
Reaction score
My main issues with zombie games is that the common belief among zombies is that if you are bitten by one, you become a zombie. It's as widely accepted as being bit by a vampire turns you into a vampire.

Most zombie games I know just attack you until you run out of health. I would like a zombie game that forces you to use strategy rather than just how good you are with a gun.

So I'm not sure about this game. Where does this game lie?

Aerial

There is no spoon.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure how to answer your question. You do get infected if you're bitten, but if you can't get the cure you eventually die and respawn. Combat is straightforward. The fun is in the hordes. You can build a base and defend it or set up a long string of spike traps to lead the zombies through, or live a nomad lifestyle avoiding most of them. There are hordes that will come after you every 7 days as well as the wandering hordes and onesy-twosies. They get larger and meaner as time passes. So yes, strategy is a large part of the game, but not in the same way it would be in an FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.