All Hail Steam! All hail the Steam Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DianneM

Registered
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back because the Steam Summer Sale 2017 starts today!! Time to dust off that wish-list I put together after Camp Nano in April.

DianneM

Registered
Reaction score
What kinda games do you like? (and what's your Steam name? Always looking for friends to add. :) )

My steam name is DizzyD. I think I added you when we did camp nano. I like puzzle games and turned based RPGs. My daughter is into first person shooter games so I play those with her sometimes. Lots of Garry's Mod with her. I'm awful at those though. I panic when I have to think fast.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
My steam name is DizzyD. I think I added you when we did camp nano. I like puzzle games and turned based RPGs. My daughter is into first person shooter games so I play those with her sometimes. Lots of Garry's Mod with her. I'm awful at those though. I panic when I have to think fast.

Oh, yep, we're already friends. :) Hm... puzzles and TB-RPGs aren't my typical genre, sorry. General recommendations: Stardew Valley is an amazingly addictive farming game, and Terraria is a fun 2D Minecraft. Night in the Woods is popular now, but oddly isn't participating in the sale.

DianneM

Registered
Reaction score
Night in the Woods looks cool! I really like the style. Too bad it's not on sale. I put it on my wishlist anyway. I bet my daughter would really like it too. She got super into Undertale for a while.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
been wanting to buy Another Brick in the Mall..... saw a Let's Play of it and got me really interested in it!

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
been wanting to buy Another Brick in the Mall..... saw a Let's Play of it and got me really interested in it!

I have added so many games to my "to play" list because of LPs. I haven't heard of that one before. Looks interesting, but I think I'll wait until it's out of Early Access. I prefer to follow those and see if they ever make it out of EA or if they get dumped by the devs. The only exception is Slime Rancher, which just looked too cute to pass up. Still gonna wait to leave EA before I play it, though. It's supposed to go full on August 1st.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Ironically, the most exciting thing that happened during the Steam Summer Sale?

GOG dropped the BOMBSHELL that they have HOMEWORLD. FUCKING. CATACYLSM.

So what if they renamed it Homeworld: Emergence to avoid bothering twitchy copyright lawyers (apparently Blizard has its claws in the word Catacylsm for now and always.)

It's still the finest (and only) RTS/survival horror game ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.