Best QUILTBAG YA titles you've recently read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of running a blog event focused on QUILTBAG YA, and there has been some discussion on the #QueerYA twitter tag about everyone's favourite recent titles.

Do you guys have favourites?

I recently read Because You'll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas, and it blew my mind. Such a unique book, based entirely on correspondence between two boys with very unusual (supernatural/scifi) disabilities. I literally cried at the ending -- not because it was sad per say, but because it was SO beautiful.

TGrace

Registered
Reaction score
This came out a little while ago, but I absolutely love The Miseducation of Cameron Post by emily m. danforth. It's contemporary YA, and definitely my favorite YA novel focused on queer girls. I'm planning on doing a reread soon.

tsharpe

Registered
Reaction score
WHAT WE LEFT BEHIND by Robin Talley (Out in October) is fabulous! It's about couple struggling through their first semester of college apart. One MC is a lesbian and the other is a genderqueer individual who is trying to find themselves. Very touching.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm too modest to pimp my own YA novels--:D--but I will recommend Love Spell by Mia Kerick, who is a friend of mine. It's a way over-the-top first-person account of a high schooler out to snag his perfect someone, and it's a fast, slang-filled, and very funny read. Worth the time.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I recently enjoyed Hannah Moskowitz's NOT OTHERWISE SPECIFIED. And at the moment I'm really loving Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda. (-:

Status
Not open for further replies.