Lightspeed Magazine is open for submissions again

Kes05

Registered
Reaction score
Just got a rejection on a story this afternoon, so I'll send it to them and see if I have better luck. It's nice to know the have such quick response times.

Linaus

Registered
Reaction score
I edited and sent them a story yesterday that has already been rejected by Grimdark (6 weeks) and Strange Horizons (9 days). It will likely be another rejection but I'm treating it as a bit of an experiment. The themes I prefer to write about are fairly constant (different situations, applications of those themes etc. aside, of course).

Grimdark's rejection was personalised and quite complimentary, even going as far to apologise for the time it took to respond but they were on the fence about whether to hold on to it or not. ;)

Strange Horizons, however, lowest tier form rejection... :ROFL:

So I'm trying Lightspeed and aiming for a 'show more' response while I try to put a list of markets together on the 'try first' pile.

Last edited:

Cannelids

squirming therein
Registered
Reaction score
wondering when they'll be open next

Hope it's OK to bump this (don't want to give anyone false hope that they're open again!)

Does anyone know Lightspeed's submission window scheduele, if there is one? I don't think I've ever been able to send them a story. My current scribbling has come back feeling sorry for itself after languishing at yet another market for a half year, and has been whimpering and clicking on their submissions page when I'm not looking.

(PS: I haven't been on AW for a while and am finding the new forum and search format a bit challenging :tongue)

mafiaking1936

Nihil debetur. Nihil debens.
Registered
Reaction score
Okay maybe this counts as a necropost, but whatever. What is the deal with these guys??? According to the Grinder they're never, ever open, and yet I see regular submissions from...someone. There was one today! See https://thegrinder.diabolicalplots.com/Market?id=31

Really getting sick and tired of these Super Secret Special Kool Kids Rules that I don't get to know about.

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
I follow them and a lot of others on twitter, in hopes that I'll see it when they announce they're open. Lots of places seem to be similar. I've been checking their website fairly regularly for a while, and I haven't seen them say they're open. I'm guessing someone made a mistake, or they think they're special and send something in an alternate route. Their webform won't work if they're not open. I don't have the sense of entitlement or lack of decency to try just emailing a pub regardless of what they say they want. But I know plenty of folks probably do.