• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[ePub] Silk Words

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
I searched and couldn't find a thread on this "publisher".

Tonight, I happened upon Silkwords, a subscription based website that hosts interactive romance and erotica stories. They're almost like Choose Your Own Adventure type stories. It looked kinda cool and they take submissions. However, it seems they only accept M/F and M/F/M.

They just started last year, 2014. Does anyone have any experience with the website?

https://www.silkwords.com/

After some further investigation, it seems the site was created by a (current?) Microsoft employee.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting! I once wrote a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure erotica story--but so long ago I bet it'd make me cringe now. Maybe I should dust it off...

VeryBigBeard

Preparing for winter
Registered
Reaction score
There's a pretty decent market for Interactive Fiction out there. I don't want to say too much more because I don't know that much about the publishing side of IF, but if you search for that phrase you may get more results and more variety of publishers to compare.

I loved Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books when I first started reading and I still write for games, which is the contemporary equivalent. Some new tools like Twine and Ren'Py make it fairly easy to develop text-based games, so it's kind of like hypertext novels are making a comeback. It's somewhat of a different market and readership than book publishing, though.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm totally interested, but I can't find any information on the genres they accept. The website only hosts M/F and M/F/M stories, when I primarily write M/M, etc.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Since late '16, site has read:

SilkWords is Going Away

It looks like this is goodbye.

Thanks to everyone who was part of this fun journey. After 3 years, we were still not able to break even and made the difficult decision to close shop. Feel free to use the contact button below to send us any questions or concerns.

Best of luck to you!

— The SilkWords Team