The Next Circle of Hell, Vol. 2

januarycomet

Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

First round of sub for second sub book, if that counts. Still with first agent.

Gimme some of that sub dust, Atlantic!

Niiicola

Twitchy
Registered
Reaction score
Taking a poll to make myself feel slightly better: who is on at least their second round of sub? Bonus points for second agent, because mine is irritating me beyond belief and if she doesn't get it together I may need to look elsewhere.

Cause I'm sort of losing hope for this round. :Shrug:
I did three rounds of sub for my last book and got an R&R in the last round that almost made it through, then got shot down by the very last person who needed to sign off on it. I hope that's almost helpful?

ChibiUsagi

Banned
Reaction score
That's devastating, I'm so sorry. It seems like it does take more than 1 book for maybe even most people.

But look at you now :Hug2: :)

Jeneral

Cat wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Basically 1 1/2 rounds with my first book on sub before we decided to stop sending it out almost exactly a year ago. Then sold the second book. Still with first agent.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently on round 1.5 with second agent, fifth book. Yeah. Been at this for a while.

Oh, and good luck Niicola!

Niiicola

Twitchy
Registered
Reaction score
That's devastating, I'm so sorry. It seems like it does take more than 1 book for maybe even most people.

But look at you now :Hug2: :)
Ah well, I'm over it now. But it does mean there's hope for multiple rounds, even though my personal situation didn't quite pan out.

spikeman4444

The snozberrys taste lke snozberrys
Registered
Reaction score
Poll response:

Second agent. Nearing first round on sub for second book. I never got past a first round of sub with first agent for first book. We had it out to maybe 13 editors and heard back from 6 I think total in 9 months before parting ways? I'll go to my grave wondering if it would have fared better with a different agent, but if I sell something else at least I have it in my back pocket.

- - - Updated - - -

(**Loads cannon with sub glitter**)

(*aims at JanuaryComet*)

BOOM!!!!!

LOL adorable!

ansky

Registered
Reaction score
Taking a poll to make myself feel slightly better: who is on at least their second round of sub?

3 months into round two this week, one rejection to an r&r a month in (which was heartbreaking) and nothing else since. Still have an r&r out, but that first pass really killed me. Glad to find this group to commiserate with.

januarycomet

Registered
Reaction score
(**Loads cannon with sub glitter**)

(*aims at JanuaryComet*)

BOOM!!!!!

3e3ox-glitter-bomb1-600.jpg

rainbowfish

Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck, Niiicola & Atlantic!

I'm about to go on my second round, first book with my first agent. First, we're still waiting to hear about my R&R.

ShouldBeWriting

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if I’ve forgotten to congratulate anyone so I am just going to say a big congratulations and good luck to everyone out there in the trenches!!!

polishmuse

I'm a cookie
Registered
Reaction score
(still here, dousing everyone with champagne bubbles, drowning in dayjob work, waiting on agent notes for "last chance project" with this agent)
much love and glitter to all, plus face masks so that you don't inhale it becuz lungz.

RaggyCat

Registered
Reaction score
Heeeey guys, I think I'm officially joining you in Hell! Me and former agent are getting back together after our breakup (lol it sounds like we were dating), which isn't something I'd ever have forseen when we parted ways 10 months ago. She's been very helpful to me in the year since and I think knowing the background to my published work and why things went south could pitch me better than a new agent could. She wants me to rework the beginning of my book and then to send it to one of her writers, but says she has some editors in mind who may be interested. I get the feeling she wants to proceed quite cautiously at first which is fine by me.

It's so nice to (cautiously!) have some good news for a change! :-D

ChibiUsagi

Banned
Reaction score
Heeeey guys, I think I'm officially joining you in Hell! Me and former agent are getting back together after our breakup (lol it sounds like we were dating), which isn't something I'd ever have forseen when we parted ways 10 months ago. She's been very helpful to me in the year since and I think knowing the background to my published work and why things went south could pitch me better than a new agent could. She wants me to rework the beginning of my book and then to send it to one of her writers, but says she has some editors in mind who may be interested. I get the feeling she wants to proceed quite cautiously at first which is fine by me.

It's so nice to (cautiously!) have some good news for a change! :-D

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY RAGGYCAT!

I see she came to her senses! :hooray: :partyguy::partyguy::hooray:

Jeneral

Cat wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Raggy that's awesome!!! Always here for a good second-chance romance. I'm so glad things worked out!

Isobel

Registered
Reaction score
Fabulous! I'm so happy for you and hope it's all glitter and unicorns from here on out ...

ChibiUsagi

Banned
Reaction score
***frantically checks email to see if all of the good karma around here is catching***

:Hammer::Hammer::Hammer:

:Headbang::Headbang::Headbang:

Damn thing is broken. Clearly the screen should say "we want to buy your book for 1 million dollars. Also, here is Jared Leto's phone number."

spikeman4444

The snozberrys taste lke snozberrys
Registered
Reaction score
Followed up with agent and good news is that she should have edits ready for me by next week and this next round of edits should be much lighter than first round. Bad news is we're not going on sub until after the first of the year, as she's hesitant to send it out in Nov/Dec. More waiting. Sigh. Oh well. At least the glitter cannon will be good and loaded up by the time it's ready to fire.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, RaggyCat! I have to say, I'm not TOTALLY surprised by this turn of events because in the Daily Rejection thread, you really seemed to be hitting it off with your former agent.

Followed up with agent and good news is that she should have edits ready for me by next week and this next round of edits should be much lighter than first round. Bad news is we're not going on sub until after the first of the year, as she's hesitant to send it out in Nov/Dec. More waiting. Sigh. Oh well. At least the glitter cannon will be good and loaded up by the time it's ready to fire.

Oh well, it's still progress, but yeah, I can see why any agent would be reluctant to submit to editors in November and ESPECIALLY in December. Better to just do it when editors are all sobered up, with clean, empty desks, ready to take on new material.

Fuchsia Groan

Becoming a laptop-human hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
YAY, RaggyCat! That’s great news! And excited congrats to Spar and Atlantic.

Sending you all the mojo I can, Niicola— the book is great and oh boy are you due for some good news!

I may have reached the head-desk-computer-smash phase about something, but it will pass. :) My stats: on my second agent, never really had a second round, but didn’t sell until Book 2.

Qwest

Here on a catnap
Registered
Reaction score
Brilliant, Raggy! Very happy for you :snoopy: how do you feel about her suggestions for reworking the opening? Does she get her other writers to do readers reports for her?