Status
Not open for further replies.

rosehips

Mr. Boo is watching you.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.upwork.com
I've only just begun some freebie promos after taking a few of my books off of B&N and doing the KDP Select thing. I've been pleasantly surprised at how well the freebie promotions are going. It's made me wonder if I should try an ad campaign. Has anyone do one? What was your experience?

M. H. Lee

Registered
Reaction score
I think I've done about ten of them now. In general, I have a fairly low number of impressions for them because I'm not willing to pay a high price per click. I've only had two where someone actually clicked through to the product page, which means that the other eight were essentially free advertising. Future name recognition as I look at it.

Of the ones where people did click through, I spent 4 cents for two clicks on one and had a borrow of a book so made $1.35 on that sale. Just one sale, but a good payoff.

I will say that I see my own ads on another site I frequent (probably thanks to cookies and browsing history) and I personally think they overdo it because the they use the banner ad and the side ad at the same time. But...most people won't even register it, so doubt it will annoy them the way it annoys me.

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
I did a couple of campaigns, both product targeted, and had a decent amount of impressions, some clicks, and zero sales. I terminated the campaigns before I wasted too much money.

YMMV, some authors who write in popular genres have reported limited success on the KDP boards.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
The best "ad campaigns" on Amazon are the free ones Amazon does for you once the book gets traction: the "Also Boughts" and the category bestseller lists. These work towards the book's algorithms, and once they are in place the "ads" are free. It's getting there that is the headache -- I believe that keywords are key. No pun intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.