I'm editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And I'm up to Chapter 8 - and I don't hate it.

I hope this is a good sign. It can be so hard to tell...

Tedium

Le sigh.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's probably a pretty good sign. Make sure you get some other opinions on it, of course. Sometimes we're just too close to see the faults.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's probably a pretty good sign. Make sure you get some other opinions on it, of course. Sometimes we're just too close to see the faults.

Way to cheer a girl up :tongue

Paragraphic

Word eater.
Registered
Reaction score
I love when I'm editing and I like my own story! Even better is when I've done a couple other projects and then reread something of mine and forgot the neat stuff I wrote. That feels pretty great.

lacygnette

Sucked in by AW again
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.terrilewis1.com
Editing - my favorite part (no tongue in cheek.) And the best moment, as mentioned above, is when I come to a section that I don't remember writing and I'm surprised.

From what I know of you, I'll bet the ms is really good, if you're happy with it. May the feeling continue!

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
I actually enjoy revising and editing, so I know what you mean. I can sometimes (often?) struggle through a first draft, but having something to work with is much easier than a blank screen.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not the helpful comment I intended. I'll just be over here in the corner...:tongue

:Hug2:

I'm up to Chapter Twelve now. It's still looking pretty good :) Don't worry, Tedium - this is just my own edit, before it goes out any further. This is the bit where I discover whether I've got a book here, or just a whole bunch of words. Usually, it's just a whole bunch of words. (Mind you - I do like words.)

lizo27

Speshul snowflake
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds promising to me. Good luck with it!

inoue77

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck! I'm in the editing phase of the second draft of my work as well and had a similar experience. I was surprised not to hate it and that my crazy story-and-chapter-shifting-mania that came after draft one didn't a) destroy the story, or b) make me lose my mind (much). I know when I've read a whole page and not marked anything that I have a story there that's interesting enough. I'm sure more careful line-editing would reveal problems, but I consider it a a good sign. Unless you're unusually narcissistic--most writers are, in my experience, extraordinarily hard on themselves so I'm betting this isn't the case ;-)--the fact that you can even utter the words that your story is okay, or even--*gasp*--good! speaks to your quality as a writer. Congrats on getting that far!

Status
Not open for further replies.