IRC Availability

positivePXL

Registered
Reaction score
Everyday since the afternoon I signed up for this community, I have been checking into the 3 available IRC's listed prominently in this sub-forum, with no luck of actually seeing anybody there. Is there any good time that I can log into the IRC and expect to see somebody, or has it turned into a kind of deserted wasteland over time?

positivePXL [+PXL]

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Everyday since the afternoon I signed up for this community, I have been checking into the 3 available IRC's listed prominently in this sub-forum, with no luck of actually seeing anybody there. Is there any good time that I can log into the IRC and expect to see somebody, or has it turned into a kind of deserted wasteland over time?

positivePXL [+PXL]

I just logged into chat, and there are a bunch of people there. Are you joining #absolutewrite? (i.e., /join #absolutewrite)

positivePXL

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, I was just there, I was alonely...

EDIT: Yah, just logged in again, not a single soul here. Do I have to be using the IRC chat listed by this sub-forum?

EDIT 2: Just tried another IRC chat client, still no luck.

Last edited:

positivePXL

Registered
Reaction score
Definitely try again, --cut--

Just got back. I just tried opening it from the link supplied from that thread, and that site is now telling me that the plug-in isn't support!

It is not a problem with Google Chrome either, because I also tried it in Internet Explorer, similar error. I really want to be able to chat, but what is happening to me?!

I'M MELTING!!!!

positivePXL [+PXL]

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
if you're using the link then that's java and java isn't exactly user friendly to some ppl here, most of us use one of the irc clients listed, icechat, mibbit, mirc, etc.