Got a meeting with a producer...help

writingallthetime

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Okay, so normally to get the meeting you send a treatment or a synopsis to the producer. My meeting was arranged through a friend. He already told her the topic and she said she was ready to meet us. This is a Hollywood/Bollywood producer.

So my question is, now that the meeting is arranged, what do I send in the way of information beforehand?

The synopsis is 14 pages long. She already knows the idea. So what do I send to prepare her for the meeting?

A half page summary?
Please advise.
Thanks.

Bergerac

Reading & Writing
Registered
Reaction score
The synopsis is 14 pages long. She already knows the idea. So what do I send to prepare her for the meeting?

NOTHING. No producer wants to be sent a bunch of stuff prior to a meeting unless she asks for it.

It sounds like a Meet & Greet. Be able to pitch your idea dramatically, logically and succinctly and with enthusiasm.

Bring copies of everything you've got -- At the end of the meeting, tell her what you've got and she'll tell you what she wants. to take with her.

If a producer likes what you've pitched, he/she will ask to read the script.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so normally to get the meeting you send a treatment or a synopsis to the producer. My meeting was arranged through a friend. He already told her the topic and she said she was ready to meet us. This is a Hollywood/Bollywood producer.

So my question is, now that the meeting is arranged, what do I send in the way of information beforehand?

A half page summary?
Please advise.
Thanks.

Did she ask you to send her something?

If so, send whatever she asked for.

If not, I don't really understand the genesis of the question.

kdaniel171

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I agree with cornflake.
I don't think you should send anything without being asked for it.
If producer likes the idea she will let you know.