• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

What writing blogs, podcasts or mailinglists do you follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna Spargo-Ryan

Just pokin' about
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.annaspargoryan.com
I love So you want to be a writer.

There are lots of little journals in Australia that produce occasional lit podcasts, and I listen to as many of those as I can. The Wheeler Centre puts out a particularly good one, with lots of "in conversation" pieces.

And I love listening to The New Yorker's Fiction podcast. People reading other people is lovely.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
None, on a regular basis, though I go on a binge every couple of months and spend two or three days listen to all I can find.

Umber

Registered
Reaction score
I love the "First draft" podcast with Sarah Enni. It's author interviews, with YA writers, and it goes really in depth.

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
For some reason I can never get into Podcasts. I'm part of that post-internet generation where our brains need to be dancing around focusing on a million windows at once to be happy.

I follow a blog called Writability.

Thomas Vail

What?
Registered
Reaction score
Writing Excuses and the combination of I should be Writing and Ditch Diggers are useful podcasts that I really enjoy.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
They're more SFF commentary/review podcasts than writing ones, but I listen to the Coode Street Podcast, Galactic Suburbia and The Writer and the Critic regularly. All Australian in origin, though the first is really an Aus/US coproduction.

Blogs by Nina Allan, Abigail Nussbaum, Ian Sales and Jonathan McCalmont, all SFF-based. Of those four, Allan and Sales (vested interest alert: I know them both personally) are award-winning fiction writers.

Outside writing I also listen to film-based podcasts: the Kermode and Mayo Film Show from BBC Radio 5 Live, the podcasts at The Digital Fix (second vested interest alert: I have taken part in some of them) and the Guardian Film Show (actually a videocast).

Status
Not open for further replies.