Reaction score
And don't go flashing at wide ones.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:granny:

Perhaps you'd like to explain it to the class, Miranda?

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
stump cam should be interesting

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
I think we're pretty close to writing cricket erotica here. We could call it 'Silly Point', which is not a very erotic title, but is quite accurate.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I think we're pretty close to writing cricket erotica here. We could call it 'Silly Point', which is not a very erotic title, but is quite accurate.

Gives a new perspective to deep fine leg

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
This is why a little research into things that could possibly be injurious is necessary. Because to the inexperienced eye a cricket bat does resemble some of the larger paddles. But the construction/weight is different.

Hunter S Johnson

It's writing. How hard can this be?
Registered
Reaction score
This is why a little research into things that could possibly be injurious is necessary. Because to the inexperienced eye a cricket bat does resemble some of the larger paddles. But the construction/weight is different.

Respectfully, it all depends on the vigor with which any implement is wielded, Madame... I do know a little something about this, and were I the recipient of such a disciplinary action, I believe I would prefer a couple of modest, controlled "attention getters" from a flat cricket bat than a protracted whuppin' with a birch rod the thickness of a pencil. For some reason, the bat seems to already be in the story.

Its fiction... it's fantasy... if the implement fits the scene, as the OP seems to suggest, ie, the character is a cricket fan and has a souvenir bat, then go with it, just write it so it comes across as erotic, not assault with a deadly weapon.

She held him down on the kitchen counter by his hair, and measuring with the bat carefully, she said, "This is a warning, young man... swat! I'm going very easy on you... swat! Imagine what I will do with this bat if you really make me angry... swat!"
Never published shit, so YMMV...

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Go to a sports store and swing one around a bit (I assume you must be able to buy cricket bats somewhere over there). Decide for yourself it it is a thing that could be wielded for erotic purposes or not.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
With respect Hunter, everyone on this thread who comes from a cricket-playing country has said don't do it. A cricket bat is not suitable.

You may well have experience in BDSM but you have none of cricket and you are wrong.

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
:roll:
The sun never sets on the Irony Empire!
Oh, thank you all for responses both thoughtful and rollicking. After the chortles subsided, I am now thinking of a used flip-flop. Maryn, I can see that Skye was a well-researched character.

Trevor, up the river without a paddle

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Skye was indeed well-researched. There are certain flip-flops which will suit your purpose admirably and others which will be laughably inadequate. Your basic cheap flip-flop has so much air in the sole's rubber that it won't do. A flip-flop with a heavier sole won't flex if it also has a padded insole, as so many do. This might do nicely.

Maryn, with a sudden urge to put away the high boots and get out the sandals

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Skye was indeed well-researched. There are certain flip-flops which will suit your purpose admirably and others which will be laughably inadequate. Your basic cheap flip-flop has so much air in the sole's rubber that it won't do. A flip-flop with a heavier sole won't flex if it also has a padded insole, as so many do. This might serve your character nicely.

Maryn, with a sudden urge to put away the high boots and get out the sandals