[Book Production] Comic Sans Is The Standard Body Text Typeface

Status
Not open for further replies.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Comic Sans, better known as Comic Sans MS, has been declared the standard body typeface for all digital or print ebooks.

Designed by Vincent Connare for Microsoft, Comic Sans rapidly charmed publishing professionals of every stripe, to the point where the Big 5 have just reached an agreement that Comic Sans, or CS as it is known, will be the only typeface used for all future books.

In a show of solidarity and support, Microsoft will be bringing back Microsoft Bob, the project CS was originally created for, as an automatic download and install on all Microsoft Windows 7 and 8 updates. Apple, in a first for the computer company for the rest of us, has agreed to require all iOS and OS X updates to download and install Microsoft Bog, and is abandoning the current Apple System faces Lucida, Apple Garamond, in favor of Comic Sans MS.

Last edited:

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
This is not a believeable April Fool's post :p

Besides, I have it on good authority that the new standard font is going to be Zapfino. Publishers love the curves.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
NEVER.

If the market won't support my beloved Papyrus, I'll just go indie. I'LL SHOW THEM ALL.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Pfft. I've moved beyond fonts--I'm going to beam my next book directly into readers' heads. I'm also going to add code that stimulates the pleasure centers of their brains so they think it's awesome and rush to buy my earlier books, which I will mark up just a little (200-300%).

You people. No business sense at all.

growingupblessings

Drinking lots of coffee
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. It's seriously making my eyes buggy. I don't know if I'm just not used to reading it or if it's that inelegant.

Status
Not open for further replies.