Signature length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously, how do I get it to stop telling me that my signature line is too long? I go from more words to less words (from pix & links to no pix, no links), & it still tells me it's too long. How is that possible? No matter what I do, it tells me that it's too long. Sometimes it will let me preview it & say that it's fine & then when I hit submit, magically it's too long now. It even says that it allows 600 characters instead of 500 like before. How can it be too long if I've shortened it? I've had this problem since December. I really want it to be fixed so I can change my signature (which currently doesn't exist, 'cuz I cleared it to see if there was a lingering code in there that I couldn't see. Sure, it let me clear it, just not put anything back.)

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Any kind of change adds characters, like different fonts, colors, underlining, links, html. It's a little quirky, but you have to figure out what's adding the characters and remove them. You can PM me what you're trying to add and I can see if I can figure it out for you... The same thing happens to me everytime I edit my sig.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that it's just psychotic. What I have now is exactly what I was trying to do before (plus a smiley, hmm), but it wouldn't let me. Now it does. All I did was close my browser & reopen it (sometimes when I did that upon making minor changes in the past (ones that should have shortened the length), that would work, so I tried it & it did :Shrug: ). I don't understand how it was too long before & not too long now.

Last edited:

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Quirky, I tell you, quirky! I'm glad it's all worked out.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Sage, I've had the exact same thing happen. Sometimes vBulletin wants us to prove that we really want something. It believes you now.

rich

Why, on my signature, are certain words turning into links? I also noticed that Saratam8's regular posting has the same phenomonon.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Spyware on your computer can do such a thing and place links all over so that you click onto adds more often. Sweep your computer with anti-spyware programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.