Something you didn't know about Minneapolis

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
From Yahoo News, in one of their infamous "Best of . . . "lists, this one citing the best cities to live in in the U.S.. Minneapolis:

For families, it is a city with a low crime rate, various local attractions, great educational system, and the opportunity for ocean front living, for a reasonable price.

Now, Minneapolis is indeed an attractive and interesting town, but I've been there many times, and never noticed this particular attraction. Perhaps I need to be more observant.

caw

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe they're talking about in some future, climate-change affected way, or in some apocalyptic, caldera-splitting-the-continent way? I mean it's FOX, so the latter is really the more plausible, and, again, FOX, so it's kind of that or they're just dumbassed beyond belief. Oh, wait... FOX...

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Maybe they're talking about in some future, climate-change affected way, or in some apocalyptic, caldera-splitting-the-continent way? I mean it's FOX, so the latter is really the more plausible, and, again, FOX, so it's kind of that or they're just dumbassed beyond belief. Oh, wait... FOX...
*blinks*

Fox? Okaaaaay....

beckethm

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, good Lord, no. St. Paul has the beaches. That's just typical of the East Coast media, giving Minneapolis all the credit.

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe they're talking about in some future, climate-change affected way, or in some apocalyptic, caldera-splitting-the-continent way?

Sure, it's not ocean front property now, but you should think of it as an investment :D

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
It does explain how the Vikings got there.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't decide between a Minneapolis beach vacation or an All-Inclusive resort in tropical North Dakota...

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I always just sort of figured that Minneapolis was on the Arctic Ocean...

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score

We'd better start buying real estate in Minneapolis now. Once the apocalypse comes, cost of seaside Minneapolis homes will go through the roof.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, an episode of The X-Files showed our majestic mountain ranges so it's about time somebody touted our oceans.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Oh, good Lord, no. St. Paul has the beaches. That's just typical of the East Coast media, giving Minneapolis all the credit.

*wipes coffee from computer screen*

Oh, that was good.

Obviously, they forgot about the charm of Harriet Island, right?

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
and the opportunity for ocean front living, for a reasonable price.
^^^ Lyrics from the little known follow-up to George Strait's "Ocean Front Property in Arizona."

Hey, an episode of The X-Files showed our majestic mountain ranges so it's about time somebody touted our oceans.

Dude, the movie stole your majestic mountains and shipped them to Dallas.

Last edited: