Exciting day leads to more questions! :)

Lizzie7800

Registered
Reaction score
I had a pretty exciting day (for me anyhow) I got accepted into an author event about an hour away from my house and the local paper called and want to do an interview next week. They asked for some books to sell at the paper once the interview is published.

I have never done a live interview or an author event so now I'm super nervous!

At the author event they suggested I bring a banner and banner stand. I was looking at the ones at Vista print, has anyone used those? They also suggested something to hand out as well as a way to process credit cards. They can do it for me, but it's a charge. (I applied for the paypal credit card reader, is that pretty easy to use?)

I didn't know if bookmarks are okay, or business cards? I have until April 15th to prepare for the author event, but I don't want to put it off until the last minute.

Any advice from seasoned promoters is welcome!!! :)

Thanks!

raelwv

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jdbyrne.net
Thanks for starting this thread, Elizabeth. I'm in about the same boat in terms of having an event lined up for the summer and have a lot of those same questions.

To which I'll add one more - is it possible to make in-person sales of eBooks at such events?

Lizzie7800

Registered
Reaction score
So, in the stickies above there is an amazing post on book signings! Should've read that before I posted! :)