FAQ: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Registering for the Absolute Write Water Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Why do I Have to Register?

• You don’t have to register to read public posts.
  • You do have to register if you want to read posts in password protected areas, respond to posts, PM other members, or post an excerpt for crit.
How do I Register?

First Step

Go here:

https://absolutewrite.com/forums/register.php

1. You need to set your Web browser to accept Cookies from Absolute Write. You do not need to accept third party cookies to use Absolute Write.
  2. You need to agree to our Terms of Service, or Forum Rules.
  3. You need to provide a genuine email address where you can read and respond to an email. If you use a fake email, you won't be able to confirm and complete your Registration.
  4. You need to have a Username and a Password that you will remember.
  5. You need to provide us with your date of birth in compliance with U. S.Federal COPA regulations. You may choose to keep your date of birth private from other Members, but Admins and Super Moderators will be able to check it.

Second Step:

• Check your email for mail from Absolute Write confirming that you did indeed want to register.
  • The email will ask you to confirm your registration by clicking a link in the body of the email.
  • If you do not see this email within 90 minutes of registering, please check your spam or junk email folders.
  • If you still do not see it, use the Contact Us form on the bottom of any AW Forum page to let us know you never received your email confirmation.

Third Step:

Wait for at least 72 hours for an email confirming your Absolute Write membership. This is because:

• Moderation or confirmation of your registration can take up 72 hours. A human being processes all registrations. It is the best way to filter out the many false registrations generated by scripts and would-be forum spammers and banned members who keep creating new accounts.
  • We realize it can be frustrating to wait, but while the forums operate 24/7, the Admin has a job and occasionally likes to sleep.
  • You will receive an email confirming your Absolute Write membership. Please check your junk and spam email folders to make sure it hasn't ended up there.
  • If you have waited 72 hours from authenticating your registration and haven't received email confirming your Absolute Write membership, use the Contact Us form on the bottom of any Absolute Write Forum page to request help.
  • Please include the Username and Email address you used to register. Do not include your password.

What to do if You Forget Your Password

Go here:

https://absolutewrite.com/forums/login.php?do=lostpw

• Enter the email address you use with your Absolute Write account.
  • An email will be sent to that address within 90 minutes.
  • The email contains a special link that will allow you to re-set your password.
  • Be sure to check your spam or junk email folders.

If that doesn't take care of the problem, use the Contact Us form on the bottom of any forum page to ask for help.

• Explain your problem
  • Provide your AW Username and the email address you use on the forums
  • If that email is no longer viable, provide an address where we can contact you.
  • You will be asked to verify your identity.

What do I do if I have Difficulty Registering?

1. First, make sure you have clicked the confirmation link in the confirmation email. If you haven’t received the email, or you confirmed your registration and it’s been more than 72 hours, see step 2.
  2. Use the Contact Us form on the bottom of any Absolute Write forum page if you have waited 72 hours from authenticating your registration and haven’t received email confirming your Absolute Write membership.
  3. Please include the Username and Email address you used to register. Do not include your password.

I changed My Email Address and Now I can’t Post

When you change your email address a confirmation email is sent to the email address you registered with, to confirm that yes, it’s really you, and you really did mean to change your email address.

You won’t be able to post until you confirm that it really was you.
If you haven't received the confirmation email, use the Contact Us form.

Never provide your password to ANYONE. We don't need it. Ever. At all. No legitimate Admin or Moderator will ever ask for or need your password.

If someone asks you for your password, please let MacAllister or AW Admin know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.