Better Call Saul

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He's losing compunctions, but isn't morally bankrupt yet. He's not the guy to suggest sending Jesse to Belize just yet. He's getting closer though.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And Kim is shifting the other direction. I don't see this ending well for them as partners or even as friends.

Was anyone else bothered by this week's development with the three teens who took advantage of Jimmy last week? (No spoilers here, of course.) First, the damage to the goods stored in the place where Jimmy settled things, and second, the circumstance of the three teens at the scene's end, which I suspect could prove fatal.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And Kim is shifting the other direction. I don't see this ending well for them as partners or even as friends.

Was anyone else bothered by this week's development with the three teens who took advantage of Jimmy last week? (No spoilers here, of course.) First, the damage to the goods stored in the place where Jimmy settled things, and second, the circumstance of the three teens at the scene's end, which I suspect could prove fatal.

Oh, I wasn't bothered at all. It's just another incident which like gravity pulls Jimmy McGill inexorably into become Saul Goodman. Notice the cold open of Better Call Saul have featured both the future of Jimmy when he is fully Saul and the past when he was just some schlub in the mailroom who could never get Kim to worship him the way she did Chuck.

The last two episodes have been slow burns compared to the frenzy and chaos of the shootout in "Talk", but there's previews of coming attractions to come between Mike and the German evacuation crew as Jimmy moves along a darker path.

Until the next season of Killing Eve arrives (Go get that Emmy, Sandra Oh), BCS is the only TV show I follow with a fanatic fervor. The fact you can't binge watch makes it only more of a necessity.

If interested there are good episodes recaps of Better Call Saul on The A.V. Club and Vulture.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh Kim! This is gonna come down to the wire, isn't it?

And, I'm pretty sure Mike had to off those guys in the bar.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was ready for the Kim/Jimmy relationship to come to an end in last night's epi - what happened instead was a delightful twist.

The creators are really taking their time with this part of the story. It's slow-moving right now but fascinating.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Woah. What an episode it (10) was. S'all Good, man! And, oof, Mike.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It was indeed. Can't wait until next week.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Goodbye Jimmy. Hello Saul. Poor Kim. Poor Nacho. Wonder why Howard was largely sidelined? Mike, you rock.

Conclusion: A good, not great season. I'll take a longer look as I go through the DVR queue.

Bring on the 2nd season of Killing Eve.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We were talking after we watched the season's final episode. Jimmy is not the character deserving of a Breaking Bad spin-off. He's often the least interesting character in an episode, enjoying wading deeper into the slime when he has other options.

We want the Mike Show. And the Life and Times of Hector Salamanco. (Although I read somewhere that the means of making Mark Margolis look young for the flashbacks is acutely uncomfortable for him.) I'd also watch the Nacho Hour.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Goodbye Jimmy. Hello Saul. Poor Kim. Poor Nacho. Wonder why Howard was largely sidelined? Mike, you rock.

Conclusion: A good, not great season. I'll take a longer look as I go through the DVR queue.

Bring on the 2nd season of Killing Eve.

Yes I wondered this myself, I miss him in the episodes.

For whatever reason I am not invested in the whole Mike situation. Mike is a good character but that part of the story doesn't do it for me and when I watch I just want them to get back to Kimmy and Kim. I don't even really know what is happening on the other side.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found this old thread. So, I finished the second episode of the sixth and final season of Better Call Saul, and dammmnnnn....it's already simmering. I am going to miss this show so much. Soon we will learn the final fates of Kim, Nacho, and Lalo. I'm not sure I can take it.

Reactions: mrsmig

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for no spoilers, everyone. We've forgotten so much that we're rewatching the previous season before diving into the new one. Still loving it.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He's so very good in that role (and the one other thing I've seen him in that leaps to mind). Without any spoilers, I'll just add that I'm pretty hard to shock, but his character's actions shocked me good.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Better Call Saul has been so good in it's final season (episode three was FIRE) that it has almost wiped out the awful aftertaste of Killing Eve's horrible finale from my mouth.

Almost. :e2smack:

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Episode 5 has dropped, and we finally see what Lalo has been up to. Dang that was super tense.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As always without spoilers, doesn't Lalo look really different in the new wardrobe?

Reactions: Diana Hignutt

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes! (That's me seconding.) No spoilers, of course, but my jaw literally dropped. I almost stayed for the after-show thing where the actors and producer talk about it, but nah...

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That ending...whoa.

I did stay for a lot of the talkback show afterward, but bailed when they went to social media. Wished Odenkirk had more to say; he's generally not very chatty in these things, but still...

Reactions: Diana Hignutt