Definitely a "Maybe" on a writing career!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DottieW

Still a work in progress!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I discovered a company that writes instructional/training material that were advertising writing roles. So I applied, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Next day I get an email asking me to contact them that day or the next - because I'm having the day from hell at work I don't get to contact them until the day after (yesterday).

Had a nice chat with the woman who acknowledged I don't have an official "writing" history but that it is part of my usual work duties... but still was positive about me and what I could bring to their company! She asked for samples of previous work and is going to get back to me, even mentioning and checking if I would be free on their interview day!!!

Sent eight different examples of writing I've done in the past late last night and now I'm trying to remain calm and not get ahead of myself but fact I even got a response gave me hope I might be doing the right thing. Had to share with you all - hope I get more positive news soon!

Vicky

Last edited:

DottieW

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Phaeal! I got a confirmation phone call not long after my first post from their admin and a follow up email. Very exciting :)

DottieW

Registered
Reaction score
Had an interview late last week and was told I would hear this week around Wednesday... the only thing keeping me from having a complete crises of confidence is that they wouldn't bother interviewing if they didn't think I was up to the job from what I had sent them. Actually, I really felt the interview went well.

How can time fly and go so slowly at the same time?

V

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck to you!

DottieW

Registered
Reaction score
So, didn't quite get the job :(

But...

Getting taken seriously enough to get to phone and actual interview stage in a new role is a huge accomplishment for me. I'm usually of the "glass half empty" persuasion but I'm keeping positive with this.

Now I've got new experience of what they're looking for so I can compare that with what I'm hoping for.

V

MommyWrites

Registered
Reaction score
Love this view you have on it - and you are completely right! They were interested in you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.