• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Mentor, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephanieCordray

I'm writing my first novel(fantasy) and would like some help staying on course. While I think I'm a good writer, my insecurity and timidity rear their ugly heads on a constant basis and I find myself doing more and more research trying to make sure what I'm doing is the right thing to do instead of the actual writing.

It has taken me over a month to almost finish the second chapter of the rough draft.

Yeshanu

Stephanie,

I'm both a reader and writer of fantasy. I have a couple of shorts published, but no major pubs. If you'd like some help staying the course, though, and are willing to provide mutual encouragement (you don't have to read my stuff, just ask how I'm doing) I'll be glad to work with you.

I've also got a lot of experience mentoring re: spelling, grammar, etc.

Email me at [email protected] to begin conversation.

maia, if someone needs a fantasy mentor and you think I can help, send me an email.

Ruth

mammamaia

ruth... why don't you email me and we'll talk it over... contact info's on my website [below]... i'd love to find another who'll mentor and work with writers one-on-one for free...

love and hugs, maia

StephanieCordray

Re:Mentor

Hi, Yashanu
I have a mentor, thanks, and wouldn't trade her for a hundred others, :)...

However, if you want to dialogue for mutual support, I won't mind at all. I'm new to all of this and have loads to learn.

tfdswift

Re: Re:Mentor

If you have a mentor, why did you request a mentor?:huh

If you just need someone to say " Hey what's up?" and "Get back to work!!" or "What have you accomplished today?"

Or you just need a writing friend, I write fantasy/adventure/survivalist type stories, and I could always give you a holler if you want. I am NO mentor just a fellow newbie writer.

my email is: [email protected]

~~Tammy

StephanieCordray

re:mentor

The initial request post is a bit old now. The mentor I have came from a response to the request. I'm quite happy with her and she puts up with my slowness which is snail's pace if not slower. However, I thought it would be nice to dialogue with others who also have the same aspirations as myself for mutual support.

Yeshanu

Re: re:mentor

I'm glad you found a mentor, Stephanie.

If you want to dialogue with others who are trying to stay on course with their writing, may I suggest the "Weekend Report" thread on the Humor Writing board?

You'll find me and a bunch of other folks over there who are trying to stay on course (and we don't all write humor, and most of us are writing novels)

C'mon over, give us a view, and make yourself known to the chief whip-wielder (aka Barb) if it seems like a fit...

See you there. :grin

Status
Not open for further replies.