New issue of Andwerve hits web. Check out the controversy...

sbcman9690

Andwerve: http://www.simpletangent.net

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you that andwerve is eager to announce the arrival of their new, april edition. In this month's edition, they feature not one poet, but four, each a member of Argo Spier's online literary community, the Argonauts. april's featured artist section hosts the first installment in a three-part "Roundtable on Poetry" series, a roundtable discussion with Argonauts Joneve McCormick, Ananya.S.Guha, Shimanta Bhattacharyya, and Sharon Rothenfluch Cooper on the interconnectivity of online writing communities, the effect of the Internet on writing and publishing, the mechanics of the Argoboat, the global homoginization of poetic voices, and much more. Also contained in this absorbing feature is Argonauts anthologized, a mini-anthology highlighting the work from their featured poets.

Besides their roundtable discussion and anthologization of the Argonauts, their april issue features the poetry of such talented and accomplished poets as Richard Satterlie, Rob McCreery, Zach Overline, Greg O' Neill, Carol D. O'Dell, Annie Bien, Alex Stolis, Corey Mesler, Dave Rowley, Annabelle Baptista, Bob Marcacci, Tom Berman, Catherine Harris, Charles Musser, Janet Paszkowski, K. L. Monahan, Peg Ornsby, R. D. McManes, and Katie O'Loughlin.

andwerve's April issue also contains the first fiction to be published in their online pages, a flash-fiction piece by Carol D. O'Dell entitled "Cantaloupe" and "The Moment Never Lasts" by writer Gary Beck.

April's issue of andwerve has exceeded the previous issues in magnitude, size, and focus. In this month's issue, poets and writers from every region of the U.S., from North Carolina, Arizona, Washington, Missouri, Minnesota, to New York, Connecticut, Michigan, Texas, West Virginia, Kansas, California, Oregon, and Wisconsin, elevate andwerve's status from a local Los Angeles publication to a national one—indeed, very much an international one: this month's edition also features work from poets hailing from Sydney, Australia, Heidelburg, Germany, Beijing, China, Upper Galilee, Israel, and Shillong, India. It has become clear that they have truly arrived on the national and international stage and andwerve's editors want to thank our readers and writers for this critical transformation.

With the overwhelming growth in readership and submissions, they are currently seeking to divide the workloads of our editors into additional positions of editorial assistance. They are currently looking for the services of contributing editors, a book review editor, fiction editor, and an acquisitions editor to help us deal with the massive input and output we are experiencing. They would prefer editors from around the nation and the world—not just L.A.—so that our editorial masthead is representative of our readership and of the writers submitting to this publication. If you are interested in editing for andwerve please feel free to send them an email at [email protected]

See the new issue at www.simpletangent.net

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This issue includes AWers MacAllister, trumancoyote, JAlpha, Neurofizz, and me (any others?).

Last edited:

ddgryphon

King of Sloth Town
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Yes, congratulations to all!

emoteJump.gif
emoticonbanana.gif
emoteClap.gif
emoteClap.gif
emoteClap.gif
emoteHail.gif
:Jump:
emotePartySmiley.gif
emotePartySmiley.gif

emoteTheWave.gif
emoteTheWave.gif

Cassie88

Make mine a double entendre
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the April issue, too. Got to go take a look. Congratulations to us AWers!

Well, I just went to Andwerve, but when I click onto current issue or April issue, I get March... ? OKAY, JUST FOUND IT!

Last edited:

Cassie88

Make mine a double entendre
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Paint, I love your photograph. Man would I love to have a blown up and framed picture of that! Wow!

Paint

Warrior of Truth
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Standing at the precipitous cliff, believing I can
Website
www.shawnk.com
Thank you! In fact I did frame it on a double black mat with a black frame that is kind of a distressed wood. It looks really nice. I showed it in a exhibition too. It made the local paper. Can you tell I am proud of it???

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
congratulations to all the absolute writers whose work appeared in this issue. best wishes on it leading to bigger and better things.