• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking For Beta Reader(Willing To Swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a beta reader for my novel, Broken Diamonds. The links to first three chapters can be found in my signature.

Genre: Literary Fiction.

Publishing: Plan to seek Traditional Publisher.

If anyone is interested, kindly send me a pm or reply to this post. In return, I can go through your work and review it.

Regards,

jaus

Last edited:

Zenning

Brewing My Knucklehead
Registered
Reaction score
Hi jaus tail,

Just read the first few lines on your chapter 1, and I can give you some quick feedback here:

I found the entrance of the story a bit rush, the conversation happens too quickly. The starting line suggests the age of the MC, but later on down a few lines in the conversation, the MC again, says his age (which is different from the narration in the first paragraph). That, I feel, is confusing and redundant.

Now, in terms of this Beta-seeking post, maybe stating the word-count of your novel will help.

Good luck!

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Zenning,

The thread has the first draft. I have edited it significantly after it.
I haven't finished the entire novel to have an exact word count. Approximately, it's 33000.

Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.