The Girl Stuff Thread

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Looks good - I especially like the one taken outside with the wind-blown look.

~~~
Not girlie stuff, just human stuff ahead.

I am just incredibly tired of dealing with health issues. Found out today I have more surgery in my future, to correct a problem that developed from previous surgery incision. Not immediately - set for end of August - but it means my vacation in 2 weeks is going to be less fun that it had been looking. No carrying stuff (goodbye carry-on only luggage), have to register at local hospital there in Maine just in case (situation could get worse and require emergency surgery) -

I don't know how to deal with this for another 2 months, pre-and post-surgery. Not supposed to lift my dogs - both only about 20 lbs each - one of whom needs to be lifted up and down stairs, up and down from bed ...

More time off work ... this time will be unpaid because I won't have enough paid days off saved up.

More just crap. :cry: At least I can still go on vacation (probably) - last year it was canceled completely. I need to see my FIL - he turns 92 this summer -

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, sleek and edgy! Very nice! Did they use the straightening iron or just blow dry? I envy people who have hair that can do that. Mu hair is thick and wavy to curly depending on the humidity. I've always wanted straight hair.

Just blow dried it. Mine is wavy when it's long enough.

Feeling the long hair float over the shaved parts feels weirddd.

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Juniper, I'm sorry to hear your human-stuff is less than wonderful. Gimme a holler when I need to stop by to lift the dogs.

You'll get through it, of course, but that doesn't mean you have to like it, or that it won't interfere with your enjoyment of your vacation.

Kuwi, I like the haircut. Sounds like the salon is just right, too. Remember its name for when you finally meet our daughter, who would look good in a similar style.

Maryn, in a hotel

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Wheee I got new progesterone cream which I'm not allergic to.

More just crap. :cry: At least I can still go on vacation (probably) - last year it was canceled completely. I need to see my FIL - he turns 92 this summer -

I hope you can manage to enjoy vacation anyway. :)

I'm sorry you have to deal with all that. Here's to hoping no more bad news.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
I've been a pants-wearing kind of girl for most of my life - skirts for dress-up business days, dresses for special occasions if I can't get out of it. But mostly, pants.

And then on a whim I bought a bunch of airy, floaty, light summer dresses at a local market for not much money, and they're total crap quality, seams coming loose before I've even worn them, but I don't care - they're FUN! And nice and cool and they just sort of skim over me and let air circulate and I love them. A bit of baby-powder on the thighs (even when I was younger and quite skinny, my thighs have always rubbed - I blame horse-riding muscles pushing the fat to the inside) and I'm good to go!

Fun, flirty summer dresses. My new thing!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have big thighs even when I'm at my ideal weight, and recently made a huge discovery about summer chafing: Jockey Skimmies Slipshorts. Fully comfy, many colors, machine wash & dry, runs one size small--$20 unless you catch a sale. Target has another style for $13, IIRC, but their quality isn't as good.

I have a nude pair and a black pair. One or the other goes with everything, although they come in some great colors, too.

Maryn, big fan of floaty skirts for summer

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
recently made a huge discovery about summer chafing: Jockey Skimmies Slipshorts. Fully comfy, many colors, machine wash & dry, runs one size small--$20 unless you catch a sale.

Ok, looked these up. I can't wear skirts without some kind of inner-thigh protection. My question - do you wear these over undies or instead of undies? The models don't seem to have anything else on, but I know, advertising. I think I'd want to wear undies underneath.

http://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/skimmies-slipshort for future reference

Hmm, in reading the reviews - seems they may not be good for short people like me. Reviews say the waistband ends up under the breasts and the length of the legs are too long and show under a knee-length skirt. There is a shorter leg style, which might be ok for me.

I have a shorter torso and a lot of pajama bottoms and other such things are too long in the rise (crotch to top of waistband) for me.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Assuming the skirt or dress is long enough that they won't be seen, could one just get some cheap pantyhose or leggings and cut them off?

I haven't worn my skirts more than a couple times. I need to get some more fun ones. I'll probably just go with bodyglide for chafing issues.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I have a runner's suggestion for chafing problems:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031Y4TRW/?tag=absowrit-20

I swear by it for running in hot weather. It works well, lasts a long time and I've never had it stain anything.

ETA:

Ha! Kuwi and I cross-posted -- I was looking for a link to the body glide, in case you non-runners didn't know what it was.

By the way -- there seems to be no difference between regular body glide and "body glide for her" other than packaging.

Last edited:

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
By the way -- there seems to be no difference between regular body glide and "body glide for her" other than packaging.

The ingredients are slightly different. The "for her" is supposedly optimized to prevent sports bra chafing. But who knows if it's actually more effective at that. It adds vitamins A, B, E, and F, which helps hydrate and retain moisture, and which makes it better for sensitive, dry, or cracked skin. The "skin" and "foot" variants have similar slight differences.

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
The ingredients are slightly different. The "for her" is supposedly optimized to prevent sports bra chafing. But who knows if it's actually more effective at that.

From my experience (I've bought both), I notice no difference. I also notice that my local store charges more for the "for her" product. Surprise, surprise.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
From my experience (I've bought both), I notice no difference. I also notice that my local store charges more for the "for her" product. Surprise, surprise.

They're the same price on Amazon. Clearly your store is sexist.

Edit: But yeah, in-store, I would just get whatever's cheapest.

Edit 2: Still not as silly as this.

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
On the moisturizing thing -- I also don't notice a difference there. Seriously, none. I'm happy to pay a premium when I feel the product works better, especially when it is something as important to me as running (and my skin, about which I am vain). But I genuinely didn't feel a difference.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
You guys are excellent - I have shopping to do! Thigh-chaffing eliminators, and then maybe some MORE fun, floaty summer dresses!

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
It's actually a skirt and top. :tongue

I need more sun dresses. :cool: I only have one actual dress right now.

The challenge will be trying to figure out how to look sufficiently queer in a dress. :tongue

Oh! My bad, lol. XD

I thought the black skirt was attached/stitched (gathered stitched?) to the blue-ish top like one of those two-piece-ish or two-tone-ish dresses (but with a short skirt and not showing skin and long torso top) for some reason. Yikes, I don't know why I made a mistake like that. :0

ETA: It's still a nice combo. :)

Last edited:

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Oh! My bad, lol. XD

I thought the black skirt was attached/stitched (gathered stitched?) to the blue-ish top like one of those two-piece-ish or two-tone-ish dresses (but with a short skirt and not showing skin) for some reason. Yikes, I don't know why I made a mistake like that. :0

Lol well I'm glad it goes together well. It's my first time wearing this top, actually. It was a hand-me-down from my sister-in-law.

Edit: I think it's my first time wearing something so colorful ever. At least since my elementary school days.

Last edited:

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
Lol well I'm glad it goes together well. It's my first time wearing this top, actually. It was a hand-me-down from my sister-in-law.

Edit: I think it's my first time wearing something so colorful ever. At least since my elementary school days.

It's a very nice top! Very different. :)

It has a very nice cherry blossom tree design. I love the layered prices, too. They look like waves or like wind breezes.

Have you ever seen Project Runway? The wavy layered pieces reminded me of Leann's wavy pieces on her fashion designs.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
It's a very nice top! Very different. :)

It has a very nice cherry blossom tree design. I love the layered prices, too. They look like waves or like wind breezes.

Thanks!

Have you ever seen Project Runway? The wavy layered pieces reminded me of Leann's wavy pieces on her fashion designs.

I've seen it once or twice, but don't really watch it.