The Girl Stuff Thread

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
With boobs, it's a tradeoff.

Oh, the boobs aren't the problem there. Sports bras are fine for that.

Re-learning to run without testosterone has been pretty tough though.

But I'm more proud of my slow girl times than any of my fast boy times. :)

And eventually, I'll be a fast girl, too. :cool:

Last edited:

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so conditioned to the titholster that I feel bizarre without one. So, unless I'm naked, I'm bra-ed.

First thing off when I get home is the bra. Sometimes I don't even take off my shirt first - y'all know how to take off your bra while leaving your shirt on, right? First time my husband saw me do that he was amazed.

Re-learning to run without testosterone has been pretty tough though.

So you can actually tell a difference? Does it just feel like more of an effort? Is your speed really affected? Interesting stuff.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
First thing off when I get home is the bra. Sometimes I don't even take off my shirt first - y'all know how to take off your bra while leaving your shirt on, right? First time my husband saw me do that he was amazed.

Lol. That was, like, one of the first things I learned to do.

Now putting a bra back on without taking your shirt off? That would be real wizardry.

Edit: Well, I guess it wouldn't be *that* difficult, but more trouble that just taking off your shirt to do it.

So you can actually tell a difference? Does it just feel like more of an effort? Is your speed really affected? Interesting stuff.

Oh yeah. I mean part of it was just coming back after a long break, but even so, my endurance and speed aren't coming back as easily as they improved when I first started. My testosterone is at the very lowest end of normal female levels.

Last year (pre-HRT), I got faster than one of my female runner friends within a few months. I'm now slower than her again.

Last edited:

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
My brother's family is visiting, which means I get to see my niece again!! :) :D

It's kind of weird being at almost the same stage of physical development as my almost-13-year-old niece, but kind of cool too, lol.

Though I did notice I was the only girl in my family lounging around the house tonight without a bra. Lol. Well, whatevs. :tongue

Last edited:

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Wow, I'm fascinated to hear how different running is with different testosterone levels! I never knew that was a thing. :O

I'm going to have to look up a tutorial or something after work tonight, because whenever I try this it's an awkward mess of fumbling and then dragging an underwired bra carefully out the sleeve of my shirt. I've stopped doing it because it's less effort to just take my shirt off.

...I suspect I'm doing it wrong.

SJSantiago

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sjsantiago.wordpress.com
Hi Ladies!
Sorry I have been away so long... dealing with the divorce which was final finally in April, moved in January, dating again blah blah lol

Can I just say what a difference it makes finding a perfect fitting bra?

After I lost a bunch of weight I knew my bra size would change, when I finally went bra shopping and discovered my new size and tried on new bras I actually felt like my boobs thanks me and felt a sigh of relief lol
I feel sooo much better!
If you haven't been sized in awhile and hate your bra do it! you may just be wearing the wrong size :)

In other news I have a new found love in goucho capri pants... I got lucky and found the cutest pair but there was only one pair in the entire store and they were my size and they are so cute and flowy and comfy... I feel like they were meant for me lol
I wish I could find some more...
I may try a pair of palazzo pants next :)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Take the pair you love to a seamstress. She can make a pattern from them, then copy them in fabrics with a similar weight and drape.

Writing question: Is there a period of recovery, such as irritation or soreness, after a Brazilian wax?

Maryn, waxing poetic

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Writing question: Is there a period of recovery, such as irritation or soreness, after a Brazilian wax?

I've been doing it for the last five months and there is only very mild tenderness, almost nothing. The skin itself will be a little red and you can see the follicle beds for a day or two. It looks almost like a little rash, but it's just the residual evidence of where the hair was ripped out.

And the part that makes it a Brazilian, not just a bikini wax, actually hurts less than the rest during the procedure and not at all five seconds after it's done.

The only noticeable soreness after waxing that I notice is in my armpits. There's a very slight bruised feeling for a couple of days after wards. (Only discernible if you put pressure to the area, when showering or applying deoderant, or if you're somehow the sort of monkey that rubs its armpits compulsively.) It makes me wonder if the armpit hair isn't more deeply rooted that the pubic hair.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I'm fascinated to hear how different running is with different testosterone levels! I never knew that was a thing. :O

And pretty much all athletics, really. Why did you think men and women compete in separate divisions? Testosterone is a helluva drug. :tongue

I'm going to have to look up a tutorial or something after work tonight, because whenever I try this it's an awkward mess of fumbling and then dragging an underwired bra carefully out the sleeve of my shirt. I've stopped doing it because it's less effort to just take my shirt off.

...I suspect I'm doing it wrong.

I only pull the straps off through my shirt sleeve, and then pull the bra down and out from under the shirt, not through the sleeves.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's how I do it, too, although some tops' sleeves are so tight it's not easy.

And now, the daily beauty gaffe. I have eyebrow thinning at the outer edges. I usually fill in the spare hairs with a brow pencil, but it's not unusual for me to supplement with whatever brown or black eyeliner I'm wearing instead of finding that brow pencil.

Today I realized that filling in with that deep purple liner doesn't work nearly as well. What's gnawing at me is whether I've gone out with purple brows in the past, when I don't take one final glance in the mirror.

Maryn, also wearing a nice shirt that wants to gape wide at the bust--not a good beauty day, huh?

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
LOL. Last night on some goofy reality TV show I was half-watching (something about single celebrities), one woman had a carefully placed row of white dots above her eyebrows. So Maryn, perhaps your purple eyebrows would also be a trend-setter!

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Today I realized that filling in with that deep purple liner doesn't work nearly as well. What's gnawing at me is whether I've gone out with purple brows in the past, when I don't take one final glance in the mirror.

I was thinking the other day that with some people wearing blue, purple, or black lipstick then colored eyebrows might be a trend someday. You're just ahead of the crowd.

Hey, has anyone seen the "writing" emoticon in the AW list recently? I was looking for it and can't find it. I know it used to be there ... a little round guy pounding on his keyboard then pausing to think then pounding again. Couldn't find it. Had to use the "banging on computer with hammer" one instead.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I was thinking the other day that with some people wearing blue, purple, or black lipstick then colored eyebrows might be a trend someday. You're just ahead of the crowd.

Hey, has anyone seen the "writing" emoticon in the AW list recently? I was looking for it and can't find it. I know it used to be there ... a little round guy pounding on his keyboard then pausing to think then pounding again. Couldn't find it. Had to use the "banging on computer with hammer" one instead.

do you mean one of these?

:e2writer::e2BIC:

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
yeah - i remembered it wrong tho, combined them into one.

where are they hiding?

ETA

copying them in here so i can always cut/paste later. i wonder if there's a way to make a favorites list of those?

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
yeah - i remembered it wrong tho, combined them into one.

where are they hiding?

ETA

copying them in here so i can always cut/paste later. i wonder if there's a way to make a favorites list of those?

They're in the emoticons list. You have to open it to get them all. There are quite a few, so it is easy for your eye to glaze over and miss the one you're looking for.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
yeah - i was looking in the big list - most of which i never use - just missed those i guess. and i haven't even started on the wine yet ...

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
What we really need is a naked mole rat smilie.

and failing that, a cream-pie trebuchet smilie.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Any suggestions on a good black nail polish? My blacks always seem to come off faster than my other colors.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Blacks must be especially hard to manufacture, since I've had the same issue. The $9 one chips almost as badly as the $1 one.

I do not own a black Zoya polish, but the durability of their darker polishes has impressed me. Here's a page of different shades of black, which just sounds silly, doesn't it? (Yet this black skirt does not match that black top, which goes okay with these black pants but not the pinstriped ones, go figure.) I have a slight preference for the Zoyas that have a small amount of pearliness or sparkle as opposed to just shining color.

Maryn, whose nails are bare!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I used to have a T-shirt that said I was only wearing black until they invented a darker color. But it faded and wasn't really black any more.