• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

KT Public Relations & Literary Services (Kae Tienstra)

FROBONICUS

Registered
Reaction score
Sent a requested partial (3 chapters) last September, and got a snail-mail form rejection today - that's eight months on a partial! Some kinda record. I'd long since forgotten about them.

Last edited:

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Jon Tienstra on 4/17/10 and he let me know mighty promptly that what I offered was not for him on 4/20/10

MysteryScribe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kerrimaniscalco.com
I sent an equery on 9/20 and just received a request for a partial this morning from Kae. From their blog, it appears they are finally getting caught up from the summer query rush.

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
I had a partial request back in November (I think) from Jon, sent snail mail as requested. He said it'd take at least 90 days before they got to it. Still waiting and in no hurry.

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
Still no word from Jon Tienstra on partial sent in September. No response to nudge sent after six months. I guess that says something.

Last edited:

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
Turns out that was a partial sent in mid-November, which he got around to rejecting today.

Decker

Old fish; alligator skin
Registered
Reaction score
Jon Tienstra requested a partial in May (I think). I don't expect to hear anything before August.

flygal716

Jump in the way of good luck
Registered
Reaction score
Oops, are there two threads on this agency? I just got a request for a partial from Jon Tienstra. He says, in part, "Be very patient. We are months behind in our reading." For anyone out there waiting.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Oops, are there two threads on this agency? I just got a request for a partial from Jon Tienstra. He says, in part, "Be very patient. We are months behind in our reading." For anyone out there waiting.
I'm only seeing the one. There's also a KT Literary, though (with Kate Schafer).

Decker

Old fish; alligator skin
Registered
Reaction score
Just to update. I sent Jon a little nudge in November about the status of my partial and received a ER today, about 9 months after he requested it. It was pretty standard, and after all that time I was hoping for a little more feedback, but for what it's worth I thought he was pleasant and professional enough. I'd query again with a different project in the future.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Although dealing with health and website issues, they're supposedly still active. I'm not finding any sales after '09, though.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Recent "nice" deal to Waxman's Diversion Books.

jpbarnett

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jpbarnett.com
Any recent experience with this agency?

I queried her back in January and got a request for a partial in 3 days. She hasn't responded to the partial yet (and I assume she never will at this point). Her website seemed pretty sparse, so I wasn't sure how legit she really was. And I still don't know. :)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Per Twitter, site crashed and rebuilding. Per QT, closed to queries.

Not finding any recent sales.