Check In- What Are You Doing?

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
severely angry.

art, mostly in drawing and coloring in drawings on the PC, is a VERY big thing in my life. I've been doing the traditional drawing things literally since I was seven. SEVEN. I've been doing the digital editing since the GNU Image Program(GIMP) was created. mom found it cuz i had a scanner and a pc and she knew how much I'd love it. my GIMP isn't working right.

Hate it when programs get persnickity. When in doubt, an uninstall/reinstall often does the trick. Or maybe you could try a new program: some of these look promising, and they're supposed to be free as of earlier this year.

Well, it's another lazy Saturday morning. Still need to do the weekly room-tidying, then I have to find out if I'm needed for a store run before I attempt to tackle site stuff. Fingers crossed I'll be left alone...

auzerais

I like puppies.
Registered
Reaction score
Lazy morning at the coffee shop, one hand wrapped around a mocha, one hand drawing. I feel the way one does after a warm bath -- cozy and a little tender. Plus my horoscope was fairly encouraging. Off to visit our possible new puppy.

Leah Pink

often caffeinated
Registered
Reaction score
feeling like I'm dying, cuz I'm sick and my asthma is kicking in.

That's why I'm on the prednisone. :/ Hope you feel better soon!!

My kids are doing their level best to drive me insane. But I did get to sleep in a little and I'm trying to work out a plot hook for some flash fic.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Sunday morning's slipping past... there it goes... so long!

Yesterday was reasonably productive by my low standards, largely because family was out of the house. I got the hall vacuumed, I finished reading another book, and I started a new CSS3 course as I try, once again, to make progress on my site overhaul.

Today, I hope to build on yesterday and get more of that course done. I also need to get working on another story revision, if I can't drag anything new to write out of the neural quagmire that passes for my brain. And I should also pick another book to read.

First, though, I should probably get laundry started. (Have to wait until everyone's awake and nobody's using the microwave. Don't ask... our house wiring is both mysterious and terrifying, and part of the reason my plans to deal with this place if I end up with that task involve kerosene and a match.)

CJMockingbird

Registered
Reaction score
I've been gone from the forum a few weeks but I've been writing and the usual. Right now after some family birthdays and Halloween community stuff I'm back on track. I made a local friend who volunteered to beta my manuscript at the end of the year. She used to teach English and apparently did a lot of editing in her day as well. :3

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Downloading the Scrivener NaNoWriMo special trail Edition. I've heard so much about Scrivener but have never used it. Thought, since it's free until December 7th, I'd go ahead and try it. I'm so excited!

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Downloading the Scrivener NaNoWriMo special trail Edition. I've heard so much about Scrivener but have never used it. Thought, since it's free until December 7th, I'd go ahead and try it. I'm so excited!

Scrivener has an in-app tutorial - very much worth going through, as there's a ton of little helpful bells and whistles you just don't find in word processors.

(Though I still just use Word for short stories, I admit...)

Another day appears to have arrived while I slept. Looks rather gray out there.

I need to stop procrastinating and get an oil change/battery check appointment for the car... and, if it's not rainy, I ought to vacuum and tidy the thing, even if it doesn't go into the shop this week. (And, yes, I need to vacuum out the engine again. Some rodent keeps trying to use it as a cache, though the beepy thing seems to keep them from trying to actually nest on the engine block.)

Also hope to get at least another half-chapter though that Lynda course... and start trying to actually apply some of it to the new site stuff. (That's really where I keep falling down - I do the courses, then I piddle around and procrastinate while I nitpick design issues, and it all trickles out my ears by the time I sit down to do anything. So I gotta just jump in and start doing things now, then tweak as I go.)

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Another morning doing its best to slip away from me...

Looks like another gray October day out there.

I'm making progress in that CSS3 course, and hope to build on that today, but that's the extent of my plans. I still expect to be drug out to the store.

Off I go.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Glass of wine. Didn't do anything to earn it but its bloody nice.

Had two bombshells dropped on me today, and though I had no idea they were coming, and were out the blue, I'd sort of expected it, foreseen it in a sort of 'knowing my bloody luck...'

It happens to me a lot, a sort of seventh sence or something.

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
listening to my 'songs I like to have on repeat for hours on end' list on my phone, nomming spaghetti, being insane on three different roleplays(and loving it<3) and trying to plot my next artsy thing to do.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yesterday, I meant to finish up my current chapter of that CSS3 course. Unfortunately, every time I opened the thing, relatives started stomping and yelling. So I took the hint, gave up, and read a book.

Maybe after work today...

So far, it's a wet and dark morning out there. Not looking forward to these wet, dark morning drives. They're so wet. And dark.

Guess I'll mosey along.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Home from work, dinner is being cooked by not me, and it smelling fuffing marvellous, though its still an hour off and I am famished.

Boys entertaining themselves, I guess I'll just rest me booties and catch up on the news. Beer.

nossmf

Scribo ergo sum
Registered
Reaction score
Today is the kids' parent teacher conferences. Met first with our 3rd grader's teacher, she has a 3.1 GPA and could get better if she gets a better grasp of punctuation. (I somehow feel I failed her as an author, lol.)

Coming up in ten minutes I leave for my older kids' meetings. I've already checked their grades online, all A's with a rare B, so no suspense there.

Yes, this is bragging a bit on my kids, but it also is really nice going to a PTC without any stress. Unlike their oldest brother, who we never know what to expect the teachers to say...

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Today is the kids' parent teacher conferences. Met first with our 3rd grader's teacher, she has a 3.1 GPA and could get better if she gets a better grasp of punctuation. (I somehow feel I failed her as an author, lol.)

Great - now I have the Electric Company Punctuation song stuck in my head...

Today's been somewhat less gray and damp, but still not sunny, though I saw some hint of distant blue skies on the drive home.

Work was long, owing to being short-staffed and two substitute workers not showing up. (This is, unfortunately, not entirely uncommon.) Incidentally, I work with one of those "life of Riley" type people, who has lived a far more interesting and charmed life than I could dream up even for fiction. Case in point: she just got an offer to go live in Hawaii for a while for virtually no rent, in exchange for fixing the place up. Talk about making one feel even more like a loser, 'cause the most thrilling thing I've done lately is get an oil change appointment for my car.

Ergh...

I'm debating whether it's too late to try a nap. Been sleeping like crud the last couple nights, and boy is it catching up. I just don't know if I'd actually get some rest, or if I'd throw my sleep schedule so far out of whack that Friday will be Hell.

Last edited: