Advertising my Kindle books on Google lists?

unionrdr

wannbe author
Registered
Reaction score
I just had a thought earlier this morning about how to get my books on Google search lists? I have a book on home brewing as well as sci-fi. I noticed more famous home brewing authors works on such lists. I'd love to advertise mine that way! Have any of you figured it out? I'd love to hear how you did it?...

knight_tour

Fantasy Tourist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedacross.blogspot.com
I just had a thought earlier this morning about how to get my books on Google search lists? I have a book on home brewing as well as sci-fi. I noticed more famous home brewing authors works on such lists. I'd love to advertise mine that way! Have any of you figured it out? I'd love to hear how you did it?...

I tried it but got nowhere. I may have done it wrong. They didn't allow a photo to accompany my ad, and my cover is what I need to show to draw people in, so I didn't like that. If they do allow a photo, I couldn't figure it out. I used a per click option and bid fairly low, since I don't make a lot of money per book sold, but I never got any clicks on my ads (no wonder with no photo!), so I ended up dropping it.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Work out how many books you'd have to sell to recover the costs of the ad. If you think you're likely to exceed that number, then it might be worth doing: but ads don't usually sell books very effectively, so it's going to be a stretch.