Decollated December - 500 words/day, all genres welcome!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Bravo to everyone, and :Hug2: to all who are struggling.

2,108 tonight. Was hoping to hit the end of the scene, but it seems to be going on and on. Last month I was worried that this draft would be too short. :roll:

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Got up early today to try and get some writing done.

Well by 'early' I mean 7am. Have got into this routine of sleeping outrageously late now I'm off from the day job for a while. 5:30am starts have become a distant memory, but eventually I'll have to get back to that!

1,276 words achieved on the short story. Not finished yet, but have made satisfactory progress.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I reckon I must have got about 2,000 odd last night but it's hard to tell because I was deleting a lot as well as writing. But the MS passed the 53,000 mark and is over that weird hump that it had. Think it may even be back on track, though I might think differently when it comes to the edit and I read back over it...

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great wordage, everyone!

Shara, 5:30am starts are an abomination and should be outlawed in civilized society! :tongue

338 words for me today so far. May stop there, even though the day is young. I know my limits, puny as they are. :D

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
About 600 words, and I'm done with Part 2. Did some brainstorming/outlining for Part 3. I probably have at least one more day of that before I get to write it.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
1,400 words today and I got to the end of the first draft of this short story.

Not happy with it, though, and it needs some revisions. But I think I shall leave it to simmer for the rest of today, and revisit it tomorrow.

In the meantime, no day job for me for this week so there's time to eat more mince pies.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
My target today was to get past 60,000 and just hit 61,000, so I am happy. Came up with the idea for this scene last night when I went to bed and couldn't wait to get up and write it. I love it when that happens!

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A puny 111 words for me today, largely because I spent much of the early evening watching the last Harry Potter movie with Liz & the Lizette. :)

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go, board, go!

466 words for me, though I'm sure I'll later prune away many of them.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Well I've spent some time this morning making revisions to my short story, only to discover it's not actually as rubbish as I thought it was (funny how that often happens after you put a bit of distance between yourself and your WIP).

So it's revised, polished and submitted, and since the deadline was the end of the year, and here we are on 31 December, I've just managed to squeak in on deadline.

Phew!

I wish happy New Year celebrations to all my fellow scribes, and look forward to catching up with you all in 2015!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year!

Made it back up to 50,000 just before midnight (having had to cut 15,000 words earlier this week). But now I am going to bed, if I can get any sleep since this is Glasgow and sounds like the booze is flowing freely out there.

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good wordage everyone.

Me tonight: wine & words. I won't get more specific. :D

Looking back on my goals for the month, I blew my goals for writing shorter stories. I just write long. If I were writing novels, they'd be 300,000 word behemoths. :tongue:rolleyes

But I did finish and submit the novelette I wrote in November. Goal achieved.

I started, finished, and submitted the short story that was next up in my queue. Goal achieved.

And I started the next short, which is roughly back into the universe of my shelved second novel, so bonus points for me.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Go, everyone! :e2cheer: What a tremendous December this has been!

I did some outlining and some editing, and much to my surprise added another 1,327 words to this thing. I will have to push harder in January, but for today I'm not entirely displeased.