• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Readers Wanted - YA/NA Post-Apoc Sci-Fi 100k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all!

I'm currently looking for a couple of beta readers (as per my earlier post in the novels sub-forum).

My novel is a Post-apocalyptic science-fiction novel with elements of dystopia (I understand that this is not necessarily a popular genre at the time but I wrote the damn thing already.) I question whether or not to classify the novel as YA because the protagonists range from 18-24, but the content is most similar to that found in a YA novel minus the "coming of age" thing.

The storyline is essentially - in the near future, a cure for cancer has gone horribly wrong. For no discernible reason, thousands of people have gone into comas after receiving nano-robots as a treatment for disease, until eventually every single person who has ever received them goes under at the same time - except for one boy. The first person to receive the treatment ever.

He is awoken from cryo-freeze in a world he does not know and everyone is interested in why he is the only person not in a coma, but he has no idea. But he is a wanted man, and he must find a way to save his own life as well as discover what's so special about him.

Okay, so I'm not the best at the summaries (QUERY LETTER HELL, SO STOKED), but I can clarify further if you're skeptical about whether you want to read or not.

I am more than willing to return the favor if someone out there needs it and I'm open to any sorts of questions!

I'm looking for feedback on essentially anything that needs feedback, and I can take harsh criticism. Plus, I'm willing to work on the long-haul, so if you think the book is a hunk of junk, a re-hash may be in order.

Also, if you'd like to take a look at a chapter or two to see if it suits you at all, I've posted the prologue and first chapter in SYW HERE.

Thanks in advance! I look forward to working with y'all :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.