• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Non - Fiction Writing Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaDane88

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for someone to share ideas, thoughts, problems to be solved, and theories on philosophy, history, humanity, love, virtues, life. I can do the same for you.

I'm not sure what to do with all my writings yet but i'm open to anything.

some of my writings and ramblings...

What is beneath me, without words?

"Give Me Something. Give. Me. Something. Something..."

Billy wakes up to the world for the first time, he's about 12, white, with the bluest eyes you've ever seen. The first words Billy says are -give me something-

What Billy means by something is meaning, or at least a story, or at least one look in his general direction.

Humans can't survive without meaning. We live this life through stories we share, because we are fundamentally thoughts, ideas, and words.

Billy has a spark inside him that has motive. If there were no thoughts, ideas, or words, Billy would still have the spark. What is this divine spark or psyche? What is beneath Billy, without words? And how do we connect to it?

We can see Billy's spark by what he says?

All we have are words. Words came first. First we see something then we call upon a word that defines it. We have catalogued and defined our existence with words. What if there were no words? Who is Billy then?

I don't think it's love... But I hope it is.

Love: A deep, tender affection for someone or something.

There are many different styles of love – compassionate, unconditional, and loyal, etc – but what makes a person choose that particular style of love? Is their choice based on profundity and meaning or do they choose based on rudimentary motives like environment and biology? Are people pre-disposed when it comes to love? Do we like certain things simply cause it makes us feel good?

Why do I hate certain things but that same thing someone loves? Is it the object being loved that gives us meaning or us loving the object? Who is behind the curtain that tells me what to love and what not to?

Computers can create data, share, and connect from wire to wire, much like a human brain. Our neurons react in a similar way. How come computers can’t love this interaction like we do? What is the divine spark in humans that make us love? And how do we make contact with it?

I would hope to be something simple that didn’t fight and held hands with all things I encountered. The closest thing that I can picture this person being is a dog.

I am capable of anything. Am I capable of nothing? Can I be like a rock?

Dialogue between two people

Anna

Variables and equations collude against the infinite power of the divine
Tradition is a tree, Technology is the saw
Tradition is always under attack from technology and progress
Is it possible to still have tradition in our current society?
Where is the love, understanding, and mutual respect we all deserve?

Whita
Drink deeply from your past
Only through your past can true lessons be learned
As you make your bed, so must you lie on it

Anna

I have lived and learned
But nothing changes
Society has not changed
I can be only what I will myself to be
And I do that pretty well

Whita
Society is still one unit
Does not the earth act accordingly when it rains?
Unity is all around us
Every choice, big or small, leaves ripples

Anna

Time and time again we prove ourselves
But nothing changes
It does not matter what choice society makes
Will we ever be redeemed?
Will we be made whole, ever?
The homeless will always be homeless
The broken hearted will always be broken hearted
The afflicted, tortured, persecuted…
These people are going through some real stuff