Mary Stewart 1916-2014

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Noted writer Mary Stewart passed earlier this year. My favorite book of hers was Airs Above The Ground but she could be relied upon to deliver a good story.

Last edited:

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks--I didn't know she'd died. Nice obit here.

Simply one of the finest writers of romantic suspense, ever. Fast-paced, gripping, with smart heroines and moments of unexpected emotion. I can't even think of the scene in Airs Above the Ground where the old Lippizaner stallion hears the music and begins to "dance" without tears in my eyes.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Have never read any of her stuff, but am well aware that she was a successful and admired writer. And lived nearly a century. For the admiration of the life of a person like that, we should both grieve and celebrate.

caw

Wilde_at_heart

υπείκωphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks--I didn't know she'd died. Nice obit here.

Simply one of the finest writers of romantic suspense, ever. Fast-paced, gripping, with smart heroines and moments of unexpected emotion. I can't even think of the scene in Airs Above the Ground where the old Lippizaner stallion hears the music and begins to "dance" without tears in my eyes.

I had no idea she'd died either, though to be honest, I hadn't known she was still alive. I'd also forgotten about that particular book until you mentioned 'Lippizaner' - after reading it, my mum had taken me to see a performance with them.

I wasn't much into Merlin stories as a kid apart from hers. And Ludo and the Starhorse was one of my favourites when I was about seven/eight ...