Status
Not open for further replies.

Celeste Carrara

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
I used them for one of my books. I only took it off so I could enroll in KDP select. Well, that and cause I only had one sale on D2D lol ;)

I used them strictly to get on iBooks cause I couldn't do it directly because I use a pen name. D2D was really great when I had issues with how long it was taking for my book to get on iBooks. It was Apple's fault, not D2D. Apple takes forever to "approve" erotica and what should've taken a month took a lot longer. When I contacted D2D about it they were very helpful and took it up with Apple and finally got my book on there shortly after my complaint. I get into it more in my SP journal if you are interested.

I like the way D2D shows sales, it's easy to navigate and I would use them again. Oh, and it was easy to upload my book there too.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I distribute to iTunes via D2D. Never had any problems with them that a quick email hasn't sorted.

RedWombat

Runs With Scissors
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ursulavernon.com
So far, they've been fabulous for me--pushed the book out in a tenth the time of Smashwords. Have not gotten to a pay period yet, though, so I can't speak to that.

K.B. Parker

I've lost my mind
Registered
Reaction score
Compared to Smashwords? They are heavenly. Most books, from my experience are live within a day or two on most channels. I haven't uploaded a new title in a month or so, but BN was having longer upload times then (up to a week, still much faster than Smashwords).

You also get daily updates on sales. I think Smashwords may have began reporting daily sales a few months ago, but I'm not positive.

I've found that uploading to Draft2Digital is easier than KDP, KoboWL, Smash and Nook. It's quick and user-friendly. You also get paid every month, which is great. If you don't have the skill, the time or the money to pay someone to format your MS, Draft will do it for you quickly and without pain. They spit out a great looking file, but obviously without customized fonts/title page/etc...

Dallionz

Registered
Reaction score
I have no personal experience, but know several people who use them and prefer them to Smashwords - plus you get paid once a month. If I expand beyond KDP at some point, I will probably go that route.

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
I used them for my book before I went back to Select, and had no problems at all. I also use them for a free short story, and they were very responsive in sorting out some issues with iBooks. I'd recommend them.

RedWombat

Runs With Scissors
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ursulavernon.com
Ah, for the record, I think payment is quarterly?

Scratch that, it's monthly but on approx 60 day delay.

Last edited:

cwbrowning

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cwbrowning.com
I logged on here to post this very question! LOL I'm so glad you posted this!

I publish with Amazon and have both my books enrolled in KDP Select. However, I'm releasing my third next week and am thinking of using Draft2Digital to make it available to iBooks and Nook. Good to know they're reliable if I decide to do it! :)

J. Tanner

Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorjtanner.wordpress.com
User experience is much better than Smashwords. Time to market tends to be quicker. Payment is monthly rather than quarterly. Customer service is better.

D2D has recently caught up with some of the fringe benefits like preorder support and B&N freebie support (and B&N royalty rate?) which leaves the remaining SW advantage as distribution to the smaller retailers.

WEM

Trying to reboot reality ...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
will-moore.uk
I use D2D for both of my books. They are adding sales channels all the time, so now I don't bother with Smashwords. They also make Createspace publication very easy - about the only extra thing you have to do is provide a suitable cover (there's front, back and spine to consider).

Status
Not open for further replies.