• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta needed for horror flash fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJenn

Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on a collection of short horror stories and I have a flash fiction piece that I'm not quite sure works. I've had a friend read it but I would really benefit from an honest critique. The idea was to challenge myself to write a solid horror short based on atmosphere in 600 words or less. This one clocks in around 550 words and I would love to have someone take a look & give me some honest feedback. Ideally, someone with a more experience then myself and has been around the boards for a bit.

It'd be great if this can develop more into a mentor role at some point, but a one-time critique is more than welcome :). Please PM if you're interested.

EDIT: Of course, I'd love to read and critique any work in exchange. I'm most comfortable within the horror and thriller genres, but I'm also open to sci-fi and fantasy.

Last edited:

Jorshington

Big Daddy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joshthenormal.wordpress.com
Tip: It'd be a good idea to mention whether or not you're willing to participate in an exchange with whoever's going to be your beta reader. Most readers are looking to both give and receive; it's the best way to foster a long-lasting relationship between authors.

RJenn

Registered
Reaction score
Tip: It'd be a good idea to mention whether or not you're willing to participate in an exchange with whoever's going to be your beta reader. Most readers are looking to both give and receive; it's the best way to foster a long-lasting relationship between authors.

My apologies, I assumed that was implied.

Status
Not open for further replies.