I'm thinking of changing my book cover, and need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone done this? I am planning on changing Ghost No More's cover to be a little more "matching" to Lost No More. I've heard feedback from some other author's that didn't like Ghost No More's cover, but I'm afraid to lose the visibility I've garnered through these months. The book sells fairly well now. AHHHHHH

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
The oddest difference between the two is one has a colour picture and one is greyscale. I like Ghost No More better, so if it were me, I'd replace the image on the second one with something in colour. But you might want to ask in the cover forum, where you'll get more advice.

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Polenth! I actually already changed the cover, so the Ghost No More is my new cover. The old one was pinker.

Now I wait to see how it affects sales. Biting nails... lol

RevanWright

inconveniently drunk
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.andreatheend.com
The new one is nice. I like that the slight bleached color scheme does just enough to bring out the straw and sepia colors. Very simple and stylish.

SBibb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sbibb.wordpress.com
I didn't see the older version, but I like the current version you have up for Ghost No More. It feels professional to me. I'm not so sure about Lost No More, but if readers like it, go for it. Good luck with your sales. :)

Last edited:

plumone

Registered
Reaction score
I think the new one looks good.

Books change their covers all the time, usually with edition updates. If it fits with your brand better, go ahead and do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.