• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader wanted - 90k UF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ailsa

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I'm looking for a beta reader for my completed 90k urban fantasy story. I've done a few rounds of edits but really think I need some input from others to help make it better now.

I'd prefer you to be a UF reader, but don't really mind. I'm not really looking for someone to catch spelling & grammar mistakes (although that's good) - more like what you think works or doesn't, what I could change to make it better, and any inconsistencies you notice.

I'm willing to do swaps if you'd like, and have beta read for several people including a traditionally published author before.

Short blurb for the novel:
"The Argyll shapeshifter pack don't trust easily, and with good reason. Aidan has more reason than most to be wary, so he's surprised when his Alpha orders him to show the new girl around. And even though she's pretty, it doesn't mean he has to like her.
Bryony has come to Scotland for a fresh start, but the cold-shoulder welcome isn't what she's expected. Nor is a pack on the verge of a territory war.
The Argyll pack are under threat. And they're going to lose. As the clock ticks down to a fatal attack by their rivals, Aidan, Bryony and the pack must decide who is worth trusting for help. But with someone betraying their secrets, how can they believe anyone?"

----
Looking forward to hearing from someone, let me know if you have any questions about the story, betaing or anything else. :)

Last edited:

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
Hi Ailsa - I write UF and would be willing to give it a go. Feel free to PM me and we can swap email addresses. Sometimes it helps to start with just a first chapter. I can read that can give you comments and we can see if things gel.

Status
Not open for further replies.